Nerfed cannons and missiles

Discussion in 'Archive' started by the_6th_monkey, Nov 23, 2007.

1. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

Hey it appears that the tank cannons and missiles have had their effectiveness at attacking buildings reduced to non existant

I assure you I could get out of a tank as engineer and kill a building faster that way
    On the other hand if I do stay in the tank and continue to fire all my ammo at single building, I'd have no ammo left for when I actually encounter an enemy....

Please make the tank ammo useful again. Here is a list of the weaponry that I actually managed to test:

Standard cannon
    Standard missile
    Salvo missile (a lvl 1 missile turret took something like 3-4 volleys)

2. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Oh yeah, perfect timing. Come out right before release and say something needs balancing. Prepare to be mobbed. The nerf against buildings was done quite a while ago and intentional.

3. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

I really haven't noticed it until today...

I thought it was only introduced in the last update, maybe that means I just wasn't playing very well for that game...
    hmmm I'll see

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  4. Caelo

Caelo Member

lol Krenzo are you starting to feel the pressure now?

BTW. I totally like the way all vehicles are at the moment.. I thinnk that part of the game should be left alone until planes come along :P

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

it's there and it is very noticable. watch helplessly as your light tank fails to kill two ML turrets.

but it's also good. it's about making teamwork a neccessary part of the game. before the change tanks were great vs everything, and now the same can be said except they're only ok against buildings.

the only bad thing is that this means that just one engineer inside a building can sit repairing a barracks and repel two (early game) tanks or a grenadier while they run out of ammo and overheat. This is a problem with repair upgrade being available early game imo, when the tools of destruction arn't there yet. i've ranted about this before

I don't think any gameplay changes are likely to happen in 2.0 at least, as this close to the release it's risky.

6. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

[​IMG]
    Hai gais! I'm not too late am I?

7. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

To be honest, I think the only reason I didn't notice up until now was because it seems the vast majority of the testing time is being spent on infantry maps or maybe I'm just unlucky at times I choose to join the server :confused:

....but yeh I guess it doesn't matter anyway...as one of the others said it encourages teamwork

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  8. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I'd attribute that to you failing. Turrets have much less health and armor than regular buildings.

9. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Flame Flame Flame. Newb. Flame Flame Flame.

But here is my actual contribution:

He figured this out from one game where he shot an armory and wasted all his tank shells on it then got killed by an nme tank because he was out of ammo.

Tear Tear, lesson learned.

Turrets aren't that bad, as Krenzo said they have pretty low life and there are other easy enough ways to deal with them.

10. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

aye, and the standard nerf was loooooooooong ago and did NOTHING but good for the game. This one change alone balanced out the tanks, practically. Every other weapon but standards is just in terms of building damage, too.

And as for missiles, they haven't been changed. As a matter of fact, a missile heavy will do short work of buildings.

11. dizzyone

He's talking about the fix where buildings have more resistance against all damage, it has nothing to do with individual vehicle weapons.
    Also did I mention how much 6th monkey fails?

12. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

Oh thanks for the needless flame.... I love when people show how nice they are :rolleyes:

13. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

We Are Not Nice

14. dizzyone

Anti caps filter dissaproves.

15. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

:(
    RAPE(i just used that because I needed some characters)