My recommendations for the clan topic.

Discussion in 'Clans' started by jambo, Aug 12, 2006.

1. jambo

jambo Member

It is becomming clear allready, or to be in the near future that the clan topic becomming an utter mess of different threads relating to present matches, future matches, spectation slots and proposed matches.
    Its quite likely the topic will become confusing to anyone reading, and checking whether a clan match has started or finished.

i would like to propose a structured layout/system for this thread since it differs from the way other topics are communicated in this forum.

i suggest adding a new sticky thread which displays future matches and in a simple manner what time there are at.
    past matches would remain on this "notice board" for comparison.

example.
    3.jpg
    sorry about the small size. - and by the way , its a preview , but will be simaler to the finished board.

As you can see, having a standard layout / "house style" makes it far easier to see what matches are on.
    Although clan members would use there own clan sites to check what matches are on, having all the matches in one place has its advantages.

I would be happy to update this notice board , if a dev would be so kind to turn it into a sticky.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  2. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Not sure if that could be done without a plugin. I'll ask krenzo to have a sub-forum for clan matches.

I've also started putting clan matches into the forum calender for the time being :)

3. jambo

jambo Member

i don't think you would need a plug-in
    i would search through all the threads myself , and collect all the information and put it all into the one place myself.
    using a simple reply that i would update. eg. first post be be gets updated.

the only part i currently can't do is the sticky part.
    sorry if it wasn't very clear the first time

4. ^Dee^

That's easy enough done but the layout as shown would need some work.

5. jambo

jambo Member

yeah. it needs to be refined a little
    i tried to make a rough example using just the standerd text editor for posting.....
    but its pritty much impossible , and then theres the problems with different screen sizes. so just using text to devide words etc. isn't going to work.
    i could maby post several horizontal strips of images
    what would be best is using a table in html. but the forums don't allow html. and don't have a table option.

i'm a little out of ideas.....:(

6. ^Dee^

If I figure out how redirect threads to a different location, I could sticky upcoming matches have them linked to the calendar entries but still have the match topic unstickied for discussion.

Kinda hard to explain ^-^;