Mute Doesn't work?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Opie, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Opie

Opie Member

How could all you guys who complain about HSM not have noticed this? I know a few others have said something to that the mute on the scoreboard does not work. See, HSM was just trying to help test and we have failed him.

2. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I'm pretty sure everyone was able to successfully mute via the scoreboard.

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i use mute every time i play and it works everytime

4. Opie

Opie Member

Okay. Well maybe it is not everyone. Maybe it is certain servers. But I do know multiple people have experienced this problem. I will try to determine what is causing the problems but I have tried twice to mute and I can still hear the person screaming. *Will look further* But others who experience this please post too.

5. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Avair reported voice problems due to a server running a certain plugin. Did you see their microphone icon turn into a circle with a line through it? Did you wait enough time for it to take effect?

6. Sayton

Sayton Member

I've had the same problem, I used the scoreboard to mute but it would not mute anyway. Can't remember which server though.

7. Opie

Opie Member

Yup, the circle with the line went through it and I never clicked it again and I could still hear the guy screaming.

8. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I tested this myself before release, and it does cut them off after a couple of seconds.

9. pixelized

pixelized Member

There's often a delay but it does work 100 percent of the time.

10. Avair

Avair Member

are you sure?yesterday i had to suffer through some dick playing crazy frog on mitties, i got the circle with a line on the scoreboard but nothing would happen until he stopped playing it, i couldnt hear him after that though and other people were still complaining about him playing music, could be smt caused by mitties server mods though? i dont know :x

11. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Ohh god I know... I was there with avair on that one... ass would NOT shut up. Hit mute and 7 minutes later im STILL hearing that guy!!