Multiple weapons in 1 category?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by SnowDrakE, Sep 2, 2009.

1. SnowDrakE

SnowDrakE Member

What exactly am I missing here... I can put dual grenade launchers on an APC but I cannot put dual missile launchers in a light tank?

What exactly are the limitations to this?
    Does it have to be exactly the same weapon? (DUmg+Chaingun doesn't work?)
    Is it limited to certain weapon categories? (cannons and grenades or what?)

Please enlighten me on this, as I have read about multiple missile setups and I'm beginning to wonder why there are obvious exceptions to this rule. (couldn't find proper info yet on my own)

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

in versions before 2.2 (i guess) you could put as much weapons as you liked/had slots on your tanks.
    3xstd-mg or 3xstd gl on apcs for example, or 6xCN (aka sixshooters) on heavies apeared to be either overpowerd or overly retarded. so the devs decided to cripple that.

its not very consistent, as you noticed with the 2xgl ... but generally its only one kind of weapon per slot.

funny note: some dev forgot to add that for small arty cannons, so we got a version where you could fit dual small ACs, and this turned out to be SERIOUSLY OP :D

3. MajorTom

MajorTom Member

Well having a missile boat on a LT seems a little over powered for something so easy to research doesnt it?

However mediums and heavys allow this missile boating, for sake of slight realism and balance, think of it, how would something as small as a LT mk2 be able to carry two separate ML launchers? But when u think of the sheer size of a med or heavy how would it not be able to?

Of course heavys are restricted to 3 MLs for NF (and i believe only 2 for BE but i haven't tested it) due to balancing obviously and slight realism if u want to go that far

Heavys are also able to carry 2 separate 1 slot mgs, due to the sheer size of the tank itself, i found that 2 chainguns can mow down infantry, of course u have to sacrifice other weps or armor

Cannons can not be stacked as stated above no matter what for realism and some other purpose the devs thought of that i cant, meaning that if a NF heavy with standard weps went against a BE heavy with standard weps the NF heavy would most likely win

Grenades are the only wep that u can put a UGL and a Standard GL i believe im not sure if u can put a uml and 2 mls on a single heavy so if u can plz post

4. MiamiHeat87

MiamiHeat87 Member

What? Really? You can have dual Small Artillery Cannons? I am going to abuse this right now. :D

5. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

I miss my 3xGL APCs...

6. Sonecha

Sonecha Member

It was just for one version, which I cannot recall right now but I think it was 2.21 or 2.22. It basically turned all chokepoint based maps research into this:
    Mechanical > upgraded chassis > artillery

It was quite fun.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Demented

Demented Member

Actually, 2small arty was available for a long time. Not sure why I never saw it spammed quite like that.

Nowadays arty is just used for sniping refineries in emp_money. Nukes are too useful and don't require your tank drivers to jump into a crippled chassis.

8. Meliarion

Meliarion Member

The maximum number of weapons that a chassis can carry is determined in the scripts, IIRC most of the chassis can carry more weapons than they have slots.

9. MiamiHeat87

MiamiHeat87 Member

How do you get a transparent commander interface? That is awesome!

10. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

It's on the forum somewhere.