Moving away from your squadleader

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Paradox, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Is it possible to trigger a warning and give a visual aid to squadmembers MOVING AWAY, from their squadleader.

Plenty of time we try to encourage teamplay and squadplay but shit dont fly if shit aint together.
    There is incentive to stay together, but for new people it might be hard to figure out where their squadleader is, and where to move.

I suggest a visual aid that triggers when you move outside the zone of influence. Like the arrow next to your squadleader in top left becomes bigger for a second or 5. ( only happens once ) + a note that says if you press F key you can locate your squadleader

also an addition to F key. If you press F you get a visual aid ( large arrow middle of the screen ) to show you where yuor squadleader is and highlights your squad on the minimap?

Like Idk , this might be a shit suggestion.
    But we really need more ideas to make people stick together, there HAS TO BE a way to indicate to newer players that they are NOT following their squadleader or are not in the zone of influence anymore.

edit: maybe even a sound trigger "get back in line soldier" only one though

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Well the squad aura does fade out as you walk away, but no one really notices that. Maybe it blinks red when you leave, that way it's not like we more screen clutter to deal with.

3. Paradox

bump

Yesterday same thing, I want to lead a squad of noobs and noone sticks together with their squadleader.
    Whats the point of having squads when noone stays together.

4. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

This post is entirely a knee-jerk reaction to the events that transpired yesterday. That being said, I think it is in everyone's best interest to realize that some squad leaders (e.g. me) enjoy going off alone if the situation calls for it (such as I kill spawning to the main base because of a ninja).

I think squad leaders should have the ability to ping their squad mates. It'll lead to more coordination. If you have ever played Guild Wars 1, that's the pinging I imagine in this game.

5. Paradox

lawliet look at the date of original post

6. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

<.< can we stop reviving dead threads?

7. Paradox

no suck a dick

lyvm

8. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

Wut happened to your mic? If you need a mic, I'll send you one.

flasche and Xyaminou like this.
  9. complete_

complete_ lamer

you could add a small faint glowing text to the bottom of the hud that says "you are moving away from squad leader"
    no need to punish with lights and sounds a person who isnt with the squad leader, but make sure those who "dont quite understand yet" know what they're doing

that or make the squad aura dissapearing a more visible thing

10. Paradox

Did my post here just get deleted?