Movie: Zeitgeist

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shinzon, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

It is a political movie; explaining why we are where we are right now. It makes links in the modus operandi of both nazi germany and the bush administration. It talks about how religion has been twisted and used to mind control; and it also talks about where this all might go.

It is free to see at:
    http://zeitgeistmovie.com/

I also belive that it sheds light to the reason why there is so much ratial tension in the world right now; everything is a result of carefully planned actions...

If you liked the books "1984" or "A Brave New World" or atleast find those two remotley interesting; I highly suggest that you take a look at this movie...

2. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

hmmm there's a nearby meeting on Saturday. That is really tempting :(

3. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

booooooooring

4. manhunt0r

manhunt0r Member

lal phylosophie for 10 y.o.?

edit: after the basic religious introduction stuff gets really good and interesting, if all those political facts ARE facts the only thing i have to say is "jeesus fucking christ this shit really isnt good"

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  5. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

You know with name like Z-day you'd think that would be the day Kirkland would release their zombie hoards. :p

6. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I saw this a while back...really it's quite interesting and/or worrying, but things like this always need to be taken with a grain of salt. Blind belief is generally detrimental, but it does look like there is a little truth in there at least.

7. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

does it contain nudity?

8. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

No, there's explosions & all sorts of things that just make you want to bomb something though. :p

9. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

all my friends are really into this movie but I'm with KT on this..

I would rather go out side and run in circles

10. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Most of the 9/11 bits were taken out of the film "Loose Change" So if you were interested in that; I suggest that you also go and see "Loose Change"

http://www.loosechange911.com/

11. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Another worthless movie that fudges with the true facts. And most people are willing to watch this bullshit.

WE NEVER LANDED ON THE MOON ITS ALL A HOAX!

Which is why with a powerful telescope you can see the lunar landing sites..and furthermore, all of the hoax arguments have a logical explanation to them.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  12. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

I think you should have quoted the people who don't think the Judish slaughter existed. It's more ironic (I was on a thing about that with my class for 2 hours about how Sweden ''aided'' in it, so...).

13. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

And which part you found perticularly distastefull... Sure I agree the entire thing has to be taken with a grain of salt, but; there is also some truth in it no?

14. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

My friend and I were talking about this sort of thing earlier. It's pretty strange. The more evidence there is that something happened a certain way, the more people choose to believe it was a conspiracy or something. The Kennedy assassination was one of the first events like that to actually be captured on tape and such, and it's one of the most widely known conspiracy theory magnets. The moon landing was broadcast all over the world, as was 9/11, and both of those are huge conspiracy theory areas.

Also, about Loose Change: Wikipedia.

15. Thor

Thor Member

Haha this is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I hate people who make these things just to cause political and ideological distress. I actually watched this quite awhile ago when it first came out when some psycho tried to convince me that this was the 'Troof'. He was also a poor black dude from new orleans so I guess that shows the intelligence level of the people who actually believe this stuff.(Fun fact: New Orleans has one of the lowest literacy rates in the country!)

So yeah, I don't mean to offend anyone but anyone I've encountered who agrees with this is COMPLETELY retarded, and I highly suggested blowing their brains out to them for the good of humanity. The scariest part of it is that these people are breeding. Jesus christ. And don't think I'm some patriot or anything. I don't agree with the U.S. government on many fronts. This video is just created by extremists with a goal, so it's overly biased and not a good source of information.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  16. Dragoon

Dragoon Member

Never base your knowledge on a movie if you want to be taken serious.
    The purpose of a movies is to entertain and/or to deliver an opinion, therefor a movie may be based on truth but it will twisted in the process to better serve entertainment or veers it to match the opinions and views of the makers.
    There are no exceptions, and the only exceptions are declared by people who share this views and what to force theirs opinions on you.

A movie can make you curious and rise question, the urge to find out more and do research. Than the movie may have actually played a purpose other than a trivial one. But please, never quote a movie as a source of your knowledge. You will only make a fool of yourself. If you should been encouraged to do research please don't take wiki as an reliable source in areas where it collides with interest. You may use it to refresh you memory in in algebra or find the capital of a country, but I wouldn't use it to inform me about the reliability of string theory.

The movie it self is boring. The introduction is aimless yack and 911 has been to shortly to be used for any thrilling fiction. In ten, twenty years movies about 911 maybe become blockbusters.
    I wouldn't but the movie in line or even mention it with books like the anti-utopias of Fahrenheit 451, Nineteen Eighty-Four or Brave New World (Which I don't find to be such a wicked world, but this may have to do with, that I am into genetic engineering.) I would even recommend the movie Equilibrium over this one as it resembles 1984 a bit.

Are you sure? Because even the Clementine Probe has as max resolution under best conditions of 5 Meters. Most pictures taken with the HR Camera are over 10 meter per pixel in resolution. The Moon Lander has a max diameter of 4 meters, but if want give it a try here: View of Apollo 16 Landing Site Using Visible Camera, Clementine Probe

Even the Goldstone Solar System Radar has a max resolution of 20 meters per pixel. Well, we have to wait for Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter that will launch end of this year to take pictures for possible Moon Base construction sites, especial in the south polar zone.
    Because it cameras can take pictures with a resolution of whooping 1 meter per pixel like earth orbiting spy satellites.

17. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Anyone here see JFK, with Kevin Costner? That's a whole other ballpark than this movie.

18. Nitrax

Nitrax Member

Not wanting to sit through two hours when I could be doing something better, like drinking and/or playing empires, can someone tell me what this movie is about?

19. manhunt0r

manhunt0r Member

i hope thats sarcasm, i really do

20. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

If he's serious, I can't blame him. That movie is pointless. Your time is better spent fapping, drinking, playing emp...watching a GOOD movie..whatever else.