Movie Quiz (with screens) [rules in 1st post]

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Pimp Recruit (formerly Don Music), Apr 3, 2007.

1. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Well, I'll ask for clarification then since no one seems to be posting...maybe another screenshot? Is the movie orignally in BW?

All I can see is that it is some sort of movie with...British (Australian? I forget what their uniforms look like) soldiers with Sten guns...

Stupid movies that make it look like every bloody soldier had a grease gun of some sort annoy me (not saying this is one....) The percentage of GB forces with the Sten (a gun prone to jamming...esp if you held it by the clip) Germans with the MP40, let along the Sturmgewehr 44, and Americans with the Thompson was terribly low.

On the other hand...the Russians seemed the believe their damned "burp gun" (PPSh-41) was the answer to all their problems....get enough lead flying through the air, maybe a bullet or two might hit!

2. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

sten gun was cheap, that was why it was used a lot.

3. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

But it was not as widely used as the movies would make it to have been. Among the more common guns were the Lee Enfield No1 and No4 rifles.

That's not Burton though....I'm sure it isn't Where Eagles Dare (damn good war movie actually...I was well surprised by how good it was.)

4. Damian

Damian Member

Oh Dee why such a hard war movie that lots of people haven't seen? T_T

Put an easier one! :D

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I'm sorry dee :(

i don't know any of your movies.

6. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

A bridge too far?

7. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

it's a famous old movie. I'm surprised none of you have seen it. Uncultured swine :P

Anyway, it gets compared to saving private ryan a lot, even when it came about 40 years before it.

Another piccy:
    [​IMG]

Oh and there was a colourised version in 1995 or something :)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  8. Darg

Darg Member

Oh my god... noone knows this one? I almost feel bad saying because it's so obvious.

Hint.. it's very long!

9. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

colorized version was WAY before 95....colorized version...well...my dad has it on Beta....

I didn't recognize the first screenshot...the second one is a dead giveaway....

To give some extra help....it was filmed on site....

Some of the actions that took place in the movie take place on what is now US Soil...

and this:

[​IMG]

And Darq's hint is...well...dead on? :p

If I have to, I can post a youtube video that gives another hint...

@ Dee, well, its an older movie...most people I find don't watch old movies, they weatch the newer "BLOOD GUTS AND GORE!!!" action/war movies. Not to say they are bad, some are very good, but people seem to have lost perspective....how many people have ever seen a Humphrey Bogart movie here (Casablance or his Film Noir movies)?

10. Darg

Darg Member

I love that movie. Watched it dozens of times as a kid. Haven't seen it in years now though. Now I have money I might look out for it on DVD. Had the BW version on tape for years then my bro got the coloured on DVD. Maybe it's just because I was used to it in BW but I preferred that to the colour version.

11. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

the scene where the Luftwaffe makes their grand run on the allied soldiers is hilarious...better yet is I can just understand the German used in there, as well as in other movies such as a Bridge too Far.

A note about the picture I posted - that is recent - it is a permanent memorial to the soldiers who died...one of whom got stuck on church steeple (don't think he died though, I think he lived, and the Germans cut him down right before more allied forces arrived.)

12. Darg

Darg Member

He got the sole of his shoe shot off and lost a couple of toes I think. Apart from that he was okay. The memorial is in St. Mere Eglise (sp?). I've seen it but only from a distance while driving past the town a few times.

13. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

The Longest Day?

If that's right, I'm not piccing for the next movie, since the people at photobucket are complete assholes and I can't access my account since photobucket now sucks silly amounts of bandwidth to load obnoxiously simple pages.

14. Darg

Darg Member

The life of Brian?

15. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I've got both of the humpry bogart collectors additions. well, my mum has. huh. that's about the geekiest thing i've ever claimed. i'm gunna go do some football now.

16. arklansman

arklansman Member

Shoulda let me have it. >_>

I believe I'm going to go feast on some sloths now...

17. Chahk

Chahk Member

Another easy one:

[​IMG]

18. arklansman

arklansman Member

The Matrix

19. Damian

Damian Member

I'll post an easy one up for you ark,

One big hint,

"Kali Ma Shakti de!"