Mortar / Sticky -> Vehicle collisions are bugged

Discussion in 'Support' started by recon, Nov 12, 2010.

1. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Mortars connect and do little or no damage (sometimes I get the feeling they bounce off), and stickies detonate without doing the expected amount of damage.

It seems like the weapons are somehow not colliding properly with the parts of the vehicles that absorb damage.

I noticed this behavior on glycencity while firing on NF APCs and jeeps.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

There is no problem with Stickybombs vs vehicles to my knowledge, only vs infantry (and one side of infantry at that, although I forget which).

Mortars have been bouncing since 2.25. They look like they bounce, but that's clientside. Serverside it's all good.

3. recon

recon SM Support Dev

I watched several jeeps survive stickies yesterday. There is a problem.

Server side is not registering damage properly. The shell seems to be colliding with a part of the vehicle that absorbs no damage.

4. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

Maybe you hit the driver instead of the jeep so the sticky had some distance to jeeps hull and didn't deliver full damage. Or you didn't hit the jeep at all because the nade doesn't start flying the moment you release the mousebutton.. pending on your ping.

5. recon

recon SM Support Dev

I saw it blow up. You're probably right though; however, that doesn't explain the APC issue or the mortar collision problem.

6. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

Mortar is just the same as stickys. Server does not let the shell fly off the moment you press the button. So maybe the vehicle already was away, not on your screen but serverside when the shell impacted serverside.

I don't know what you mean by APC issue exactly.