(More *yawn*) questions about aircraft

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by PJB, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Transports should definately have some kind of anti-infantry weapon. Maybe just a single machine gun slot on one side. They should also be able to spawn and resupply troops, as the APC does currently.

Bombers should have limited protection from air attacks also. Think the flying fortress. Just a few machine-gun slots would do, no missiles or anything. Remember the number of players there are: if 2 are manning a bomber and 2 providing fighter support, that's a large chunk of the team devoted to a single task. And that's just with one bomber.

2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Dropships should have 2 side machineguns, operated by other players. This way the pilot can concentrate on landing while the machinegunners keep infantry at bay.

3. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

no offence to the devs, but the dropship's passenger area is ugly. nees new texture/shape

will dropships have to land, or will infantry parachute/slide down a rope?

4. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I don't think it even has a texture at the moment.

I hope they have to land. Otherwise you might aswell be giving everyone jetpacks =/

5. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

Keep the spam posts to the blackhole, thank you.

*i dont remember what is said...*

Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  6. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

The devs have aready said that bullets will not be able to hurt aircraft for balance reasons. The bullets currently hit instantly, so you could snipe down a jet or bomber from across the map easily if you have the time or a few riflemen with you.

7. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

theres no need to have standard mgs though, whilst normal guns are quite useable for planes a lot of the time they use explosive shells. If you dont let the current he-mgs work against planes it'd be really odd that you can kill tanks with them but not planes and if you do then you could use those for your rear gunner etc

8. Doobie

Doobie Ancient Tester

If im not mistaken, then i think if a particular MG effects a tank then it will effect air too...

BUT IM NOT 100% SURE

9. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I need air support now!

10. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

it was said (i think even it this thread) that mgs mounted on air units wont use hit scan. this implies that air units will have air-to-air mgs and mabey air-to-ground as well.

11. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

instead of having the classic "e" to enter the transport (passengers) could it have a door, and you have to walk in, then (humf) e to enter little pods. When the plane starts moving, you are kept in stasis, so you arn't affected by the motion. when you land, you can run out guns blazing :D

12. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

in all reality, the crate will probably be an apc that cant move or shoot.

13. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

do u think theres a way to parashoot out of them? aww that would be soo cool

14. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Hope not. Hate that in the battlefield games.

15. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i've never played any of the battlefields,, but there was this one map in dod that had you jumping out of planes to get the battle,, but it was kinda weak,, they used a drop in gravity until you hit the ground but there was no parashoot,, so it would kinda be lame,, but it would be cool to be able to bail from an aircraft without falling to my death

16. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

no, it's awesome seeing an aircraft land. just picture in halo or something.

or even in empires, picture it sweeping low over the terrain and landing behind the turrets in your base.

hmm. thinking of that- will there be a minimum distance that AA turrets can fire, I'm thinking this so that it is possible (although obviously difficult) to fly low under the anti aircraft fire. like in real life. bombers would blow themselves up if they bombed from that low, but it would be a fun way to avaid AA attack.