More Points for Squad Teamwork

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Destroyer224, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

I was thinking, just like how the squad leader gets half a point for every point a teammate near him earns which can go towards an ability, why not increase the rate at which squad members gain points while they are near other squad members?

Ideas:
    1) Every squad member near you increases the rate at which you gain points by say, 1.2/1.1. (It adds up where if all 5 other members of your squad are near you, you gain 2x/1.5x points.

2) Stick it onto the squad leader, and just like with the auras that provide other bonuses, any points earned in an area around the squad leader is increased by 1.5. (for every two points you earn, you get an extra teamwork point).

Simple, right?

2. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

You already get points for being in a squad. Every five points or so the members of the squad gain, one gets sent to everyone.

3. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

That doesn't really encourage teamwork. It only causes a particular group of players to get points. It's completely irrevelant to anything that is even remotely related to teamwork. Requiring a squad's members to stay near each other to gain points would work better. However, I don't think many people keep on their minds what they get the most points for. On top of that, many people don't even realize what they get the most points for.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

what if you could donate your own points to the squad, every 3 points you donate gives you one squad point, these will be deducted permanently from your score.

5. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

what if all the squad leader skill things cost 25 points? So you'd have to save up for a charge on the enemy base, etc. It would introduce another level of strategy.

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

@ dizzy:

your own points past 40 give you personally absolutely nothing; so there's no reason why everyone wouldn't just put ALL their points from then on into the squad. so the score board will just end up as everyone on 40 points.

i think the score board should reflect how well everyone has done in their team. just giving your lone wolf points to the team won't improve teamwork anyway

7. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

At least that amount of points would take very long to get and the effect of the skills should be increased tremendously.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  8. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

How about instead of every so many points some one gets its only points they get while in the squad leader aura? That way encurage people to stick near there squade leader to get the good bonuses.

9. KILLX

KILLX Banned

it is that way. every point earned in the squad leader aura gets the squad half a squad point.

10. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Ohh opps. I thought it was every four points total...