More Killing!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by KamakazieWatermelon, Oct 1, 2009.

1. KamakazieWatermelon

KamakazieWatermelon Banned

yes, stupid name for a thread, probably a dumber idea, but hell, why not?
    I dont know about everyone else, but i think this mod should have a little bit more gore and/or blood. It just adds satifaction to a kill when you see litle pieces. Most wont be up for it, but hey, worth a try. Note: I am not some homiciadal maniac, just one who likes gibbing people.

:headshot: :headshot: :headshot:

2. Demented

Demented Member

I'm sure Empty could work something up with the current blood particle system and gib sprites from Duke Nukem 3D.
    And if the thought of disembodied eyeballs shooting everywhere doesn't convince him to do this immediately, nothing will.

(That said, once a guy shoots out three or more eyeballs while you're shooting him, you have to wonder...)

3. KamakazieWatermelon

well im not talking about total dismemberment, just a missing arm or leg.
    or maybe a special headshot thing. more blood wouldbe nice though, if not gore.

4. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Need more instagib.

5. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

And plasma should make people melt when they die.

6. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Killing headshot particle which explodes in blood shouldn't be too hard.

Other than that though there is already a bit of a ridiculous amount of blood when you get shot.

7. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

No. Absolutely no.

I don't need any kind of gore and blood in Empires. It's not a stupid shooter. It's about teamwork and strategy.

And maybe then we get some problems with age-restriction in some countries.
    See the discussion in Germany. Many politician would like to forbid to play and produce games like counter strike.

8. TheAmethystDuke

TheAmethystDuke Member

w/e nobody cares.

Empires is a free mod, if you have CSS, Half Life 2, TF2, DoD, or any other source engine game I can download empires.

If we wan't dismembered mutilated bodies, with arms cut off, eyes ripped out and brains sticking to ceilings then we do that.

And if you don't wan't it turn it off options>gore/blood>none/little/extreme

9. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Well, it would need to be somewhat efficient as now that we are starting to try to make this laggy ass 64 man server work (this reliable snapshot overflow is killing the comms), additional entities spawning from entities getting shot in a heated battlefied will make it hard to keep things straight. However, I'm not opposed to it. Disable-able blood particle changes wouldn't be unwelcome.

Also, STFU about the politics, this is a mod, they can't *ban* anything, unless they first ban HL2

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

blood really doesnt need to be synched with servers -> should have no impact on lagging ...

also there is enough blood in empires already. if you play a game BECAUSE of blood and brutality you are some really sad guy.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  11. Omneh

Omneh Member

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhaa

That was a joke, right?

12. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

King pin life of crime. The most gory game of its time (1999). Now on steam. Get it if you're man enough.

Legs flying off like in the rambo scene (you know the one) would be pretty lul, but I think that's about it. Just lul. Not artistic or clever. However, large bloodsplosions for killing headshots could look artistic, as well as just slight impact blood sprays. SLIGHT. Like little.

13. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

It would make revive a bit more WTF .. But I sure would want headshots to make a nice little.. Bam with the head.

14. KamakazieWatermelon

I dont play bacuase of blood/gore, Empires is a great mod. just that little extra blood or a limb adds satifaction. (anyone whos played Fallout 2 or 3 will tell you that.)

15. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator