Money and research

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ANGRY Shaved Whale, Jul 2, 2007.

1. ANGRY Shaved Whale

ANGRY Shaved Whale Member

I was playing the new release, and I came across something... I noticed that both sides for 5 maps, had paper tanks... Meaning no money for research... No engines, or armor was researched... There is plent of money for tanks, which is nice. Is it possible to make research less money? just seeking ideas... Not asking for a res increase becuase that will make tanks easier to get ahold of.

Just throughing out the "problem" of research...

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

how about shorter research times..

i bet most of the games wont make it as far as heavy/arty

cause NF can end it with lts and BE can end it with meds

3. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Isn't the point that Arty shouldn't finish every game but only arrive to break the deadlock once the game has reached a standstill?

4. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i just said arty cause those usally come after about 10 things have been researched.. the average game lasts about 4 things researched

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

That's part of the fun in my opinion:- you don't break out the good stuff every single map, so when you do, it's a joy :).

6. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

what if meds were just a little easier to get?

I got in big trouble today for not placing a radar as NF when we had around 800 res. Research is pretty important, but it's pricy earlier on, and we could have made 3 lts with that money and really done some damage.

Or we could have waited a bit while radar went up, and about 3-4 minutes till we had benefits from the research, and been worrying if we'd have enough money to keep various res points with tanks or turrets.

It's not maybe that research is a pain, it's that there are often better options, especially for NF on open tank maps like Duststorm. There's a cost to going with research, because you're ability to get more res points, which you'll need is reduced.

7. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Well, I see it as more of a long-term investment. Put it this way: if your enemy is researching and you're not, you're dead as soon as they get to the good stuff. So not researching is fine, just make sure that you can kill them before they reach this point.

8. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

If scouts could slow down, stop or partly steal research from the enemy by hacking, that would give the non-researching team some hopes.