Mod of the Year Results

Discussion in 'News' started by Krenzo, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Actually both me and FalconX made a userpage with the Empires article on it, mine's linked in my signature.

2. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Mine is on my talk page here.

Obviously if anyone wants to edit these you're welcome to. Once the article is full and complete etc it stands a chance again.

3. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Your shitting me??!?! Doesn't that go against the Wikipedia idea of being a central depository of ALL human knowledge?

Ok, MY idea of Wikipedia idea of being a central depository of all human knowledge.

But seriously, if I wanted to make a page about my left nostril, fair enough. But Empires is an established mod FFS!

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

despite having the 2006 moddb award, numerous articles in popular publications at the time, and a consistant player base, we were attacked. A bunch of "admins" seemed to get together and without any real arguement decided that they were going to get the page deleted. Dispite the clear policy in wikipedia that all views and opinions, no matter the source, are important, the admins declared that the views of people that were posting from the forum were "fingerpuppets", or dupicate accounts from one person, so some how their arguements were void. Didn't we later discover that the admin that started the call to delete it was deleting 40 pages a day, every day of the week?

5. arklansman

arklansman Member

That was before the award, somebody has requested one be added back after that.

6. Kamber

Kamber Member

I remember that well, Didn't another admin quit wikipedia because of that kind of abuse??

7. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Deleting knowledge? I feel ill at the thought.

Precious data....gone....

I mean really, thats like a librarian just burning books. It's just....wow.....just......wow.....

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  8. Kamber

Kamber Member

yeah, that whole incident caused me to not trust anything on Wikipedia that i don't know to be true.

9. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

Noone plays half the games on that least or at least they are not released. Try finding a player to fight on Europe in Ruins I dare you.