Mod Nights?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Raider666, Nov 3, 2014.

?

What mod do you wish to play?

Poll closed Nov 17, 2014.
  1. Eternal Silence

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. D.I.P.R.I.P. Warm Up

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Zombie Master (1.2.1 or 2)

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. Empires

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  1. Raider666

Raider666 Member

Could this be something?
    I thought this could be a fun thing to do. So why don't we all gather up some saturday or sunday night and choose beetween some of the half-life 2 mods I picked out. If you feel that any mod is missing you wish to play is not listed, please suggest it. And please, don't be silly, mods that support multiplayer of course! I checked some of available servers and DIPRIP and ZM only support 16 players.

-Eternal Silence

-D.I.P.R.I.P. Warp Up

-Zombie Master

-Empires (eh)

I picked this since I sense that these mods will be fun* playing together.

*may not imply for everyone

Have fun! :cool:

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Lol that last option is fucking shit game bros.

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I'm hosting Obsidian Conflict nights every now and then. Add me on Steam if you would like to be invited, we usually roll with the same four people (YouzY, Security, my sister and me) and kinda invite whoever is willing and available for the other four slots my server can handle.

As for other mods, if someone steps in and organizes something, I'll probably join up :p

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Fist full of frags is a silly game that can be a lot of fun. If you wanted a slightly more serious type of match I would like to try out firearms.

There was some other mod I was really into, almost as much as empires, but I can't remember the name of it. :(

5. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

You forgot Firearms and Neotokyo. I know you can't list all the mods but they should have been top of the fucking list.

6. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Fuck the police and play ZPS.

Still has plenty of pubbers 18 million years later.

7. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Zps is kinda poop. Objective modes were good, but the other ones were a giant bag of crap with how people would hole up and being a zombie was a dumb game of eating enough bullets without dieing so they waste ammo. Being a zombie wasn't that much fun either for most of the round, only good time was starting as the white one or a helper to ambush helpless people.

For the reasons I mentioned it is probably one of the reasons I kinda liked zombie master a bit better.

8. Vdragon

Vdragon Member

The hidden and Neotokyo?

9. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I vote for empires and obsidian conflict.

ZM is good if you can get 10+ players, even though I uninstalled it and really don't feel like reinstalling.

10. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Iirc that attempt died a horrible death after the Sourceforts night where we let their veterans play with us.

Let's not invite veterans, unless it's OC.

12. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

It's top 3 mod in Garry's mods for obvious reasons.

But the problem with TTT is that if you want to have some real fun, you need every single person to be "professional". No ghosting, have clues about what to do..etc.

If you guys want to play TTT, you should spend at least 10+ hours playing it alone, before participating this event.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  13. Raider666

Raider666 Member

Well, I thought there was some thread about this. Anyways as I said before it might be a fun thing to do.

If anyone is interested in organizing this that would be great, otherwise I could try to set something up.

Would this saturday (8th of November) alternative 15th of november be any good?
    I feel like this saturday will be too short of notice so if you rather would like the next saturday please post so. Also some time would be great, I'd suggest around 09:00PM, UTC+0.

However, so far we have:

-Eternal silence
    -D.I.P.R.I.P Warp up
    -Zombie Master
    -Obsidian Conflict
    -Firearms
    -Neotokyo
    -Zombie Panic Source
    -The Hidden
    -Sourceforts
    -Battlegrounds 2
    -Dystopia
    -Smashball
    -Fistful of Frags
    -Pirates, Vikings and Knights II

14. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

I'll add No More Room In Hell to the list. Slow ass Zombies that want to kill you? Check!

15. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Trouble in Terrorist Town is absolutely worth putting on the list. I don't agree with needing experience to play it, just a competent admin to select the map list. We had a period of like 3-4 months in which a decent proportion of EPIC and CW were playing together every night, and we even had our own server, so we know what the good maps are from that time, even if it was 3+ years ago. It's really great with friends though, far more fun than with randoms. I can't recommend it enough.

And I also want to reiterate DDD's point about Sourceforts. Super fun game but people who are actually really good at the game (i.e. outside of our community) should be banned with a passworded server or something, because that really kills it. I haven't partaken in a Hidden: Source night, but it wouldn't surprise me if the same applied there. Maybe the same even applies to Fistful of Frags. Neotokyo is really fun but I don't see it being that fun as a community thing, you can get the fun with that from joining a pub server, it's not a big community game.

To be honest, if you want a game that will be really fun with "community" involvement, pick TTT. It's very much a personality game and the fact we all know eachother just makes the game so much better. I can't recommend it for this type of thing enough. It's absolutely perfect.

16. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

what is so good about being able to pick up thrown grenades and throwing them back exactly?

Last time ive played it, it was still nadespam: the game
    Not exactly the hardest game to get a hang of either.

17. Drag0wn

Drag0wn Member

We should play Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds. It's an official game, but is basically just an official hack-fuck of Age of Empires II (and it shows. Really). Everyone gets pirated copies of this game because it sold so poorly back in the day. The mapmaking feature is simple too (same as AoE2) so we can make ewok scenarios if we really want.

Trade Federation, Empire, and Republic are the only ways to go. Everything else sucks. This game is fun in the clunky, turn of the millennium way.

18. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Basically, no RDM, no ghosting and we are free to go.

Yeah we should really play TTT if there will be a server.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  19. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

We might still have a server on the EPIC box from the last TTT night. It'd need a lot of updating but I'm sure it could be used.

20. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I actually played that game all the way through in july.

The AI actively tries to screw you over.
    The rock paper scissors is overblown.

Empire has the worst shit ( no really, ATAT blows chunks) but its 1:1 trade ratio upgrade just seemed so fucking filthy