Mobile Repair Truck

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Slithzerikai, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

A little truck with some sort of equipment mounted onto the back of it to repair and build buildings, and repair thanks and such at a faster rate then normal engineers.

Reference: [​IMG]

It's a neat idea, use fire to build or repair buildings, and repair tanks, these vehicles has jeep armour and slow speed, and when an engineer drives it the little truck can also raise walls and build turrets. It's basicly a faster and safer alternative to building, yet the vehicle will have to stay clear of combat (Basically a peacetime building unit, for quickly raising a base).

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

personally, I wouldn't really want it. seems to futureistic imo.

3. Slithzerikai

If you can repair buildings, repair vehicles, and heal soldiers with a game-boy sized console, then how hard would it be to create a non-compact vehicular version of it? And of course it could easily be made stronger.

Of course, it would be painful to try and heal people with the vehicle, perhaps the truck could bear a turret with a mechanial arm that is able to rotate, and reach buildings to construct them. It makes for an EXTREMELY unique, and rather handy idea. Very useful in constructing minute-made bases.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
  4. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

I had thought we could have diffrent versions of the Jeep, at least for the NF, that could do diffrent, specialized tasks. One of which would be an engineer truck that would do much of what you sugest.

5. Angry

Angry Junior Member

why didn't we do that again?

6. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Interesting so the nf are planned to just slap stuff on stuff to make them do diffrent stuff?

And there were a couple of threads about a Veichle that could construct... an Engineer could only drive it perhaps?

7. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Because we wanted the mod to work first. :p

8. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Well thats true, but krenzo said he had a similar system (I think its the same system but I'm not 100% sure) that added optional mounted guns onto passager seats and it was all put in but just wasnt enabled. I think this a great idea, turning the jeep into a multirole support vehicle.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  9. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I think a repair vehical would be quite useful, though I would caution against a healing ability. Maybe if we went back to DonMiguel's idea, the NF could have a repair jeep, and a separate abulatory jeep.

I think that the abulatory jeep would be awesome if it was able to automatically (drive-by perhaps) pick up dying soldiers and transport them to medics behind the lines.
    Please allow me to put up the wrecking ball bmp i drew a month or two ago, I love that thing.

10. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

I never liked using those things in Tiberian Sun because I was huge on steath units & bases (except for my infamous 50 Banshee bombing run), Though I guess they might work here, though how would they work? Will they have to run up to vehicle to repair it, or will there be an "area of effect" style thing like getting within a certain range of the repair vehicle & repairing any vehicle that gets within that repair area.

11. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

Possibly it could be able to place some buildings just like the engeneer's repair tool except it had a wider variety, or could place more. Give it the ability to make 4 lvl 3 turrets, an armory, and 20 walls on its own. These should be limited though in how many you can field at any one time so that you don't have 7 repair vehicles rushing up to the enemy base and lvl 3 turret farming them in.

12. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

if any vehicle/building/unit needs to have a predefined limit, it is too powerful.

13. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Why not just have it build at twice the build rate of the enginere upgrade, and able to drop ammo/ health crates? Say give it just enuff ammo to build a ref withought having to recharge. Making it have lvl 3 turrents is a bad idea makes it to powerful. Walls would be not of much use for a thing like that, and be difficult to place.

14. Slithzerikai

No, I think it should stick with the normal build limits, 1/2 turrets and 10/12 walls. Just with, say, 150% repair/build rate, and 200% "repair ammo". On the person who asked how it would work, well... I mentioned the mechanical arm, so you could just drive up, aim the arm in the vehicles or building's general direction within a certain distance so it could perform repairs. It's quite a simply idea in theory.

15. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I really do like the idea. Being an engineer late in the game can really suck. Everyone else gets these nice, shiny vehicles to help them do their jobs (kill stuff), and you don't get anything.

:'(

16. Slithzerikai

It would be a weak vehicle, but it would really lengthen the game if there was a speedy building alternative, because completely destroying eachother would take longer.

17. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I just don't think it would be cool.

perhaps paying for buildings to build themselves (in the same way that you would be paying for the repair vehicle) would be nice

18. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Micro Slaves in the metalwork?

19. BoF

BoF Member

Considering the overall enviroment and theme of this game, I think it would be pointless and plain useless considering that every engi comes equipped a hand-held, gameboy sized calculator that is able to do all the afformentioned above.

Mobile Repair Truck = The power of 3 engis. Thus they are equivalent yet contradictory of each other.

20. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

The only possible purpose of this vehicle would be to protect the engineer whilst he was building/carrying out repairs. If it's as lightly armored as you say, then it will not significantly prolong the life of a base, it'll just make an expensive target.

If they were bot-controlled however, that would be another story...