MOAR RESOURCES FFS <bump>

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by MomoZMonster, Dec 21, 2014.

1. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

Yes yes. it is time for Momos rant on map resources.... and frankly and too many of these maps... there just is not enough of them...

you can't build tanks, you can't build turrets, armories without worrying about building the "cool" tanks you eventually want to build...

and no shit.. 15 mins into the map... have the research.. but no fucking res to build the goddamned tanks ... which.. is why people play empires, period... don't lie... theres 100 better FPS games out there, infantry style, games out there .. not one has an aspect of jumping into a tank ..dropping down walls, dropping a hidden base behind their lines etc that Empires has...

except... no... noo no... no resources... noo resources on some of the coolest maps to do it..i get having a map that has "tight" resources but not map after map of having barely enough, especially the big ones.. like railroad, canyon, valley, dustorm

i'm tired of seeing maps collapse cause one team did get the one extra ref.. or the one double ref.. when maybe the 2 refs each team starts with is enough to create tank warfare, base maneuvers etc...

. why is money fun? so many resources...and even a noob knows he will get to drive a heavy tank with nukes on it.. hell even slaughtered can turn out to be a tank fest

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I don't like it. With wages and how much res there can be on maps with high pops I feel like there is plenty of money. I really think it's more of a case that no one takes care of their apc or tank and loses them after a minute, then proceeds to get another. It is the bad tank drivers that really lose you money. That and placing buildings that don't get built, that one tends to annoy me when I command.

3. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Problem is with the fact that empires has some bizzare and hidden rules with resource multipliers.

4. Neoony

Neoony Member

I also think we got rather a bit too much res than too low.

Momo whats the player count when you play?

The more players the more res you will get. Its pretty low when there is only few players.

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I don't play for tanks any more.

I would rather we have a better Tier 1 chassis for BE and buff the NF LT so it is fun to use again. If we make the cheaper tanks better, not only do we have more fun gameplay, it doesn't upset any balance because the heavies are still, well...heavy.

6. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

sadly i'd have to give it an average of 8 ppl per side? some times its only 3, sometimes 10, I rarely get to play when theres 20 per side :/

well maybe wages can be altered to get payed per minute of game time ? :D I run around as engineer a lot, so I don't get the kills or destructions. Basically I really get frustrated after running around for 10-15 mins, and then look up and no resources for those aweasome tanks :/

7. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

and yes it is true the "bad " tankers cause money problems , I wished there was a way of limiting that too.. like something with rank points or something... I hate to see noobs drive composite heavy tanks off cliffs, then grab another and do it again,

but at the same time, they need to learn to get better and they can't when there arnt enough resources :/ but like on railroad.. its a really cool map, perfect for tank battles, mvalley is aweasome again ,

basically I see what happens after 5 mins , when one team already has the res advantage and the other team never recovers 9/10 times,

8. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

bump Moar resources for tanks on CANYON PLZ it sucks, get 20 people , 10v10 and still 10- 15 mins in, by the time the team looses all their old cheap tanks, dosnt have enough resources for the "cool" tanks

9. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

cause then turrets go down, and then the comm has no resources for turrets and new buildings as they get blown away.. common get over it , you tight wads

10. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Canyon's infantry combat rocks. You crazy.

11. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

thats what has been created by the focus on tanks, tanks and tanks alone. nothing has been tinkered with as much as tanks (admitably it also needed the most attention because of some bugs)
    in pre 2.24 times (dont quote me on the version though i just didnt want to write 2.12) there even was a hard limit of 10-12 tanks a team ...

... and it was good.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  12. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I know we're quickly derailing, but I have heard that empires isn't really about vehicle combat.

I mean, it's advertised that way and the classic noob phrase is "how to get car", but I'm beginning to feel like that's not what empires "is".

13. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Oh great, now he has a taste for fucking things up.
    Long as you don't force crashes on people, you will be higher than mootant.

14. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

First he makes tanks so weak that they have no impact on the game, then he "hears" that Empires isn't about tanks.

15. flasche

idk, the perception of what the game is about shifted a lot during the recent years. its what drove me away mostly, tanks got stronger and stronger, infantry got redundant earlier and earlier.
    though it wasnt the intention but merely a sideeffect of fixes and changes. but when objecting it, the bite-reflex reply was "get a tank", without ever considering any of the, imo strong, points i tried to make (but i have this language disability - it either "sounds" nonsensical, overly complicated or offensive)

its getting better now, but the mod is more or less dead in europe.

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Tanks are still quite sturdy if you know how to use them. You should play more.

17. flasche

"play more" - but when? at around 6/7pm UTC theres usually no players at all. when i go to bed there is still either no one playing, or a few just joined viper, but i cannot stay up all night anymore -.-

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  18. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Imo Empires was never about tanks. I like the ratio of something like 7 infantry and 3 tanks or so (little more if they're apc's/tier 1's). The best games I've had have been when there was a front with tanks on each side, but mainly as support. Where you'd have to keep your head down but your real focus was on the enemy soldiers, and trying to push back that front.

I don't feel there should be overwhelming numbers of tanks, though on some maps it's just necessary to have them to get around. It gets a bit silly on something like dust (? I forget) running around highlighted against a backdrop of sand.

19. flasche

storm

if only jeeps wouldnt be the better tanks (but that also changed to the better in recent iterations, especially since turbo got removed) you could have unlimited jeeps for means of personal transport and limited tanks.

20. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Can't resource rates also be adjusted serverside as well?
    Or did I mishear that.