Mmj

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by -MEG- hobbes, Feb 14, 2012.

1. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

They be closing my weed store tomorrow. City voted to ban. Good news is the returning of massive daytime boomtanking. Bad news, I gots not job and no mas free weed. your thoughts on medical marijuana or skyrim.

2. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

A super cool stoner on the internet, how original. You really should start a blog

3. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Well hobbes isn't neither "super" nor "cool", but he is a stoner. Why do you be hating? Nerd.

4. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

It's one thing to be a stoner, those are common. To legally sell marijuana though is more interesting, lots of regulations and laws to follow about it.

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

grow your own? even if you calculate high energy prices and bad efficiency a gram is about 1€ ...

6. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

For cheap ass or those who live with parents. You can grow it outside if you put it in a pot take care of it. The strain is important especially since its outside. M39 and Freezeland cross is amazing and will give you awesome results.

7. flasche

you know, I live in our capital city with 1.6mio inhibitants. hard to find a save spot outside ...
    also it is of a quality you prolly won't get outdoors ...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  8. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Oh no, end of the world.

9. flasche

hey its medicine ;)

10. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

the laws, regulations, politics and emerging business models are really the aspects that are most interesting to me. losing my job because my local community doesn’t understand the benefits of the dispensary model, with its seed to sale video documentation and millions of dollars in tax revenue, is quite frustrating. The fact our own patients and would be supporters often don't grasp the mechanisms of local and state government that exist openly and transparently for those who engage the system, is troublesome and indicative of deeply-rooted fundamental ignorance, cynicism and apathy. the stoner-ish aspects aren't really the interesting part here. all of the amusement in large quantities and varieties of product is a novelty that wears off in the first week, like most jobs.

the fact someone walks into my store and buys a cannabis and arnica pain cream for their arthritis isn't exceptional. the fact that over the past 3 months i've had to give a small civics lesson to most of my patients (18-85 year olds) about how a community of 140,000 can have its law's altered via referendum by 20,000 voters and its legal and relatively common. it is not part of some government crackdown by obama to "distract us from the economy", or a move by the state "cause they dont want us", or a sneaky "backroom deal" by city council. all of which and much more i've got the pleasure of attempting to diffuse. as if the obama administration functions like gaddafi or assad's regime, directing the resources of his henchmen to do random shit against his personal enemies and to cause convenient distractions. this administration's DOJ has stated repeatedly that they have other things to do with their resources than to harass state law-abiding medical marijuana programs that are not only 100% legal but who are also respecting and adhering to their respective community standards. also ignoring the fact the state government in colorado has embraced and created what is considered the most rigid, transparent and equitable regulatory system in the US for marijuana. colorado has never enjoyed the raids, chaos, and black market spill-over that has plagued california's system, mostly due to a lack of centralized regulation through the state gov. it's worth noting between january and june last year the dispensaries had paid half a million dollars in taxes to the city of fort collins alone. i guess that's why city council voted to allow the dispensary model to begin with as opposed to the less regulatable and less taxable private caregiver model. the fact is this ban that takes effect later today could have been avoided if people simply attempted to understand the basic principles and mechanisms of government, participated in even a small capacity (vote) and communicated about something other than kardashians, sports, conspiracy theories and all the other general one-upsmanship people waste their energy on.

i guess my concern is the state of the electorate. the politicians and all the bureaucratic mechanisms are only as good as those who pay attention and engage them. even without citizens united, abramoff and all of the other egregious examples of big money in politics, the ignorance, short-sightedness, and general mean-spiritedness of our voters has made the well designed US system a rotting mess.

11. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

12. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Keep selling dope but in the underground, triple the price, pay no taxes, --> all problems solved. I'm against medical marijuana because it's discriminating people without health care insurance.

13. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

the underground: funds Mexican drug cartels or clandestines grows. In both cases the consumer suffers from poor quality, lack of selection, exposure to other drugs and exposure to the criminal underworld for otherwise law abiding citizens.

Triple the price: good for the economy and good for families too.

Don't pay taxes: paying taxes isn't the problem in fact most marijuana businesses I encounter are proud to pay taxes. Even after taxes and all other costs we offer products at a third of blackmarket prices. I'm glad to help fund my community.

And actually it has nothing to do with health care insurance. None cover it my store and most of my patients don't have insurance. In fact their lack of insurance is part of why they are at the dispensary. Because they can't afford the regimen of expensive pharmaceuticals their doctor prescribed. If they can afford routine visits at all.

14. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

That was a genuinely interesting read.

But seriously, I just don't understand how we've got to 2012 with most of the world's government still believing they can win the war on drugs. Forget health effects, or taxes, or any of that shit, I'm talking about plain and simple getting rid of them, which is their end goal. I don't understand how they can in any way think that's possible after in excess of 50 years of (more if you count the US Alcohol prohibition in the 20s) evidence to show them otherwise. Seriously, it's just dumb, what can they honestly say they've accomplished over this past 50 years against drugs?

15. flasche

most european countries have given up on mj. its illegal, but noone gives a fuck unless you are too public or sell in huge quantities.
    you can buy everything you need including cuttings in shops here. its only forbidden to let it get in flower.

i assume the reason why its still illegal is bc we have too many old conservative people ...

16. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

I live in suburbs of montreal. I have to agree I would have much more trouble on the montreal island. But I'm happen to be near alot of green areas. We have alot of place so we dont setup so close to each other.

17. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

i am reporting all of you for doing drugs. do you not know what ur doing to your bodies? also you aren't allowed in heaven if you do drugs so.... yeah. how can u think its worth it? in 2-4 years ull be sucking dick for "MJ" trying to get ur next fix eating dirt because ur munchies are so bad

18. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Yes, without a doubt it is the most evil drug known to man an the lives of all those who touch the stuff crumble.... Yeaah..

I just took a holdiay to see friends in LA, daamn its nice to have good pot

19. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I don't touch the stuff for personal reasons, but I fully support medical use and private recreational use. As long as it's not in public, for pretty much the same reasons I don't like cigarette smoking in public. It feels like shit to breath in the smoke, it smells bad to me and I just don't like being near it.

20. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Weed of the dovakin.

Our hero our hero claims a warriors plants
    I tell you I tell you that the dragonstoned comes
    with a weed wielding power of the ancient lord's joints
    Believe, believe the dragonstoned comes
    It's an end to the evil of all skyrim's foams
    Beware, beware the dragonstoned comes
    For the mists have passed, and the weed yet grows
    You’ll know, You’ll know the dragonstoned comes
    Ahhhhaaaaaaahaaaaa