ML Friendly fire bug

Discussion in 'Support' started by Satanchild666, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KILLX

KILLX Banned

It's not a bug. I can remember this as early as 1.071b, when I started playing nearly 3 year ago. Calling this a bug is calling the developers idiots. Stop throwing yourself into missiles :p

2. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

Do you like it? N O
    Should we remove it? Y E S
    Wh yshould we remove it? B E C A U S E W E D O N ' T L I K E I T

3. KILLX

KILLX Banned

By that logic, we should remove infantry all together because tons of people 'dont like it.'

You fail.

4. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

If I am hit by an enemy missile? Now that's logic, if I am hit by my own missile? Then it's annoying.

So, it's a feature? It's annoying. And it's not a feature wich enhances the gameplay.

Friendly fire is griefable and is not osmetihng to be encouraged. So stop whining about it because it's funny if it happens to someone else because it isn't ufnny when it happens to your self.

If you would like this feature make missiles vissible on the radar, if not remove it.

Features wich cannot be countered are silly and should be removed or be improved so you can counter them.

5. KILLX

KILLX Banned

When it happens to me I smack myself for being so stupid.

6. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

YOU CANNOT STOP IT, you dont hear the missiles and sometimes you dont even know what hit you. Its annoying if your under attack and your hit by your own missile. If you stand in front of the ML it wont fire but if it fires and you get in front of it because you want to rush and you are hit then its stupid, retarted, crazy and silly and it does not add anyting to the game. Just remove it.

7. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Report it

8. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

The problem is not you get killed by it, the problem is you cannot prepare for it. So whatever you do you can't stop it.

9. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I'm just gonna unsubscribe this thread before I buy a plane ticket to your location and gut you like a fish.

10. Spooky

Spooky Member

There are so many things wrong with this sentence.

WASD are keys to move, use them.

having your eye's open while playing empires will drastically increase the fun you have playing it and reduce the number of deaths you seem to have by your teams missles.

fingers are useful while playing empires, if you dont have them dont play.

ears are something humans have, if you use them you will do better in life and in empires.

standing infront of your teams ML turrets wondering what is inside the tube is not a good idea. go help your team and shoot a mortar at the skybox. this will distract the enemy's while your team gets something done.

don't run a decimeter or 2 away from ML turrets, if you do this it will increase your chances of fucking failing hard.

[​IMG]

11. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

lol nice pic

Anyways, no matter how retarded player must be to ran into own missle, it shouln't hurt him. Tank mls dont, why placeable ones should?

12. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

I can hear missiles but there is no difference between the sound of your own missile, a friendly missile or an enemy missile.

I don't stand in front of them, I don't even stand near them, but if a tank drives by the ML turret fires a missile, but as the tank travels by the missile will adjust his course and will hit me even though the missile turret wasn't even in my sight.

This is going to be removed for the simple reason there is no reason to keep this in the mod, can you give me 1 clear reason why this should be kept in the game? It's annoying and doesn't add anything good to the gameplay or teamwork so there is no reason to keep it. And all the dev team needs to do is remove or edit a little variable to change it.

So, let's take a fictional scenario. If nukes did damage to friendly infantry from version 1.0 on. Would that mean it should always stay that way just because it was in there for 1.0?

If every year a child would be sacrifised in your country from the day that country had independence, would that be a reason to a sacrifise a child, jsut because they always did it?

Sorry, I may be rude. but you seem like a total retard to me.

13. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I don't know where you got that, but nobody's thinking about removing it yet. Just look in all directions and stand aside while the turrets attack the enemy.

14. Omneh

Omneh Member

I have never been killed by my own ML. EVER. Satanchild, you must fail. Really hard.

15. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

There is no reason to keep it, so why do you need to keep it as everything you need to do is change the value that allow the missile to do damage to friendly troops from 1 to 0.

16. KILLX

KILLX Banned

A god damn developer told you its not getting removed. It's been known about for a few years. WILL YOU DROP IT FOR FUCKS SAKE.

17. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

Friendly Missiles have splash damage, I don't even need a direct hit to be torn apart in thousends of pieces.

18. Grizzly

Grizzly BEAR SIZED DOORS

Just don't stand infront of anti-tank rockets?

19. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

Learn to read, there is no difference in the texture, model, size, sound or effect between an enemy, friendly, tank, or ML missile. It happens suddenly, most of the time you are standing with your back to the missile meaning you cannot see it.

So answer my question, why does it need to be kept in the game?

20. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

If you get hit THAT OFTEN that you have to complain about it, you must be doing something wrong. Maybe you should do something other than turretfarming?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.