MKII Tanks and Fun

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by RoboTek, Jan 14, 2015.

1. RoboTek

RoboTek Member

I feel it is worth reminding people, that long ago MKII Light tanks and AFVs existed, and they were fun. They had 2 missile slots or two cannon slots and were otherwise basically identical to their base form (they also cost more).

They were a source of imbalance, but they also added a fair bit of diversity to the game and lead to more interesting combat then flatly scaling to larger tanks.

Considering the complete lack of 1-slot weapons that have been added over the years, it might be worth adding something to this effect back into the game. The diversity genuinely helped gameplay.

2. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

Would be better to just add upgraded 1-slot weapons, for example: Small HE cannon and Small ranged cannon.

3. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Sure they were fun to use, but also an absolute shit to play against.

4. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

We'll get there soon. It's a baby steps sort of thing.

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

They were so imbalanced we needed to have rpg upgrade research in order to counter LT MKII's.

I think it's probably better to just wait as Sparty's coming around to making more of what you'd like without creating crazy tanks.

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Long time no see RoboTek.

For anyone wondering, RoboTek did a script set that made Spartacus' shit look tame in comparison. I've still got a few versions of it on my hard drive somewhere, shit is craycray.