Mkii in retrospect

Discussion in 'General' started by Coffeeburrito, Apr 4, 2009.

?

Good idea?

Poll closed Apr 18, 2009.
  1. Good idea

10 vote(s)
    11.5%
  2. Good idea, but needs balancing

49 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. Bad idea

28 vote(s)
    32.2%
  1. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

A dual guided or dual salvo homing heavy is the best tank to kill
    other tanks in empires. So NF only needs to rush it and in the meantime
    the mkII guided/salvo-homing keeps the enemy away.
    I bet its no problem to kill any other empires tank with
    even a plain dual salvo-homing/guided heavy.

Rails are a joke at the moment cause you cant put armor on your tank if you want 2 of it.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

My replies in green

3. dizzyone

Continuing...

Strategically feasible, not feasible as in getting it.

In real games, heavies don't decide the game, the game has been decided long before.

4. LifesLemons

LifesLemons Member

According to GameTracker, the abosolute peak in the last week was only 9 players. That sounds kinda dead-ish to me.

5. Coffeeburrito

Coffeeburrito Coder

I think you were looking at the chart for the past 24 hours. Look at the weekly chart for Empires Main Server - www.g4tc.net - Napalm's Funhouse; it passes 40 players on a daily basis, except for Sunday. And that's just one server.

My favourite site is this one. If you look at THIS EXACT MOMENT it's a dead Sunday night (as usual). I check it every so often, and it is not uncommon to see 60-80 people at a time.

6. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

What? I played a thirty man PUG match two days ago, not to mention the fourty plus games on napalms.

Gametracker is a pile of shit, just open the server browser.

7. Spooky

Spooky Member

are you implying this building is already built? because then it would probably support most of the stuff your putting ontop. also, what are you using for materials? if it was concrete it would probably start cracking in 8-12 years. if it were bricks it would probably fall apart in 5 years. if it were wood, someone would have burned it down by then.

8. Spooky

Spooky Member

Not when your running around with one plate per side.

9. Mashav

Mashav Member

You can already fit 2 rails and a nuke on a BE heavy..... why would you need anything else?

10. Spooky

Spooky Member

well, you could literally limit the light tanks(MKII) 360 rotation to 240 degrees. (LTII's cannot look behind them im meaning, they must turn themselves a bit to get a veiw behind)
    this would give a large nerf to the LTII but still let it keep its dual Missile slots/cannon slots(I am in no position to be offering an opinion as I have not even PLAYED 2.23) as well as adding some weight deductions and speed/turning increases to the AFVII, being able to move faster, turn better and pack a little more punch on the AFVII as compared to the LTII.

just a thought though.

11. Bass

Bass Member

They drive like Fords.

12. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

One idea the MKII's have given me is to make the tank creation system more dynamic. You start with the same base vehicles we have now, but instead of researching entire tanks, you research turrets/chassis. In vehicle creation, you pick your chassis and turret, and theres different limitations depending on what you're combining. Light tank chassis would be able to equip only light and medium turrets. Medium chassis could equip light, medium, and heavy turrets. The heavy chassis could equip medium and heavy turrets. The chassis would determine the weight limits, while the turret, as it does now, determines the weapon limits. This would make tanks more customizable, and more thought would have to go into a tradeoff between firepower and armour.
    The exceptions to the system would be arty, jeeps, and APC's (last thing we need are APC's with nukes D:).

Yes, this would be very difficult to balance, but it is an interesting concept nonetheless.

13. Jonat

Jonat Member

It's a good concept but needs balancing so it shouldn't simply replace the Medium tank. Or maybe give the MKIIs water-bound abilities or something spwecial and nerf them?

14. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

AFV isn't here to stay, it's just gonna be the slightly bigger brother of the LT (so it can justify the 4 infantry slots). limiting rotation would be a pretty wierd game mechanic, and you'd get the cowardly tactics you get now ('STICK ON YOUR BACK CANT GET AWAY LOLOLOLOL').

15. Coffeeburrito

Coffeeburrito Coder

How about if we gave each weapon a designated slot requirement, so that smaller tanks can only equip, say 1-slot weapons? Mediums would support 2-slot weapons, and heavies would support 3-slot weapons. The 3-slot weapons would have to be really awesome, like railguns or nukes... oh wait. :D

16. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

But remember, the chassis mainly determines the weight in that concept, meaning yes a medium could have a nuke, but it's armour would be shit.

17. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Still doesn't solve the problem that the turret on the BE ATF is positioned too high. The LTs can still simply drive right up to them and unload their guns and be outside the BE field of fire. Lower the BE turret and the NF are more agile/BE are tougher balance will work much better.

18. Demented

Demented Member

They're great. It's rather silly having them as alternate versions of the base tank, considering it complicates the already-frustrating vehicle menu, but speedy light tanks are more fun than any other tank, and having a weapon that's actually worth using even makes them tolerable in combat.

Actually, when you no longer need the medium to get a decent weapon, you realize that they weren't really all that hot to begin with. All you really need are heavies and mk2 lights, the former to kill bases and the latter to do everything fun.

__ __ __

I'm guessing coffeeburrito wanted a bump.

19. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Dizzyone, i admire your patience.

20. dizzyone

It might look like patience, but in reality a part of me died inside.