Mine spacing

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by CobaltBlue, Mar 25, 2009.

1. OuNin

OuNin Member

Mines aren't an issue. Mines multistacked will explode once in a mine chain reaction. Otherwise, taking up the space of a personal pizza, they are avoidable. Mines clustered will either all explode once in a chain or harmlessly strip your armor. Seriously, with the time it takes to replace mines and the time to set them off, they're fine. Defusal is not.

2. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Member

As I see it, with the shallow angle of the pyramid, someone who was trying to get mines to land directly on top of one another could easily do it. If you have any experience with placing mines on ramps, it would be simple.

It wouldn't however make the mines stack tall, they would still sink into one another as they do now.

But, the idea is it would be much harder. Harder enough that most of the time people wouldn't try.

Oh, and if projectile accuracy was dropped for mine laying that would make it even more difficult. Not enough so that it seems like you are haphazardly dropping mines, but enough so that if you toss 2 mines without moving your mouse, they won't land in the the exact same place.

3. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Again, for obvious reasons, I agree with this, and would like to add: yes, it feels sploity. You have the power of A MINEFIELD on a SINGLE POINT. It's also pretty fucking stupid to do because you can a) make the 8 look like 1 and then people avoid them anyways cause ITS A FUCKING MINE, or b) you spread them out, people see them, it it covers a greater area. Plus, if you space them properly, they all go off at once.

4. OuNin

OuNin Member

It's in an area about the size of a dining plate. It isn't sploity. It's about chance. If you have any doubts, throw a scout or roflman onto the minefield.

I suggest mines physically stack right on top of eachother, like bricks so there's no ambiguity when you see a triple stacker.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  5. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Stacking mines is sploity. You cannot deny that without retardation.

6. OuNin

OuNin Member

If they physically rise from the terrain, that's a big warning. A warning you can avoid. A threat you can defuse or throw useless infantry at.

7. Sirex

Sirex Member

I can!
    Stacking mines is the only way to destroy vehicles. What really is retarded is that i need multiply mines to kill one vehicles and that defusual negelcts them.

If one mine irl didn't disable a tank real armies would stack mines to.

8. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

No they wouldn't, because the weight of the mines would detonate the one on the bottom. If your gonna use realism as an argument (talking about what the real army would do is talking realism) at least get your facts straight.

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Not really, it's a quite good way of allowing players to trade power for numbers, you can set many one mine traps, or a few multi mine traps.

10. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Clustering them is fine. Actually stacking them is sploity.

11. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Why?

Don't drive over mines without defusal, easy.

12. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

How many mines does it take to kill a light tank? What about a heavy?
    You need to be able to kill tanks with you mines, not make them stop and repair.
    If you nerf the minestack, the individual mine damage needs to increase:
    1 mine= 300-400 damage. Kill a LT/APC/AFV in 1 mine, Medium tank has a yellow hull or at least no armor depending on armor. 3 mines to kill a heavy, regardless of armor.

13. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

How does this nerf it? Everyone seems to have no idea what nerf implies in balancing; I will refer you to entry No. 1. This doesn't weaken mines. Mine damage is not proportional to how many mines are screwing each other. And honestly, if you need to do something as sploity as STACKING LAND MINES to kill a tank, maybe you're complaining about the wrong thing?

Secondly, no, mines will not have a damage increase. If mines did 300 damage, it would only take about 6 mines to kill a CV (if they did 400 damage it would only take 4). This empowers ninjas; something that shouldn't be in the game to begin with (but thats another discussion).

14. Sirex

Sirex Member

Someone hasnt keept track on the development, we got new damage table for next patch so they can easily make CV invulnerable to mines.

Also stacking mines is not sploity, it is the only way to kill tanks. And that is because mines do to little damage, mines should kill or make a tank go red.

15. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

*Unsubscribes from idiot infested thread*

16. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I really don't agree with stacked mines being exploity, it's simply making more powerful mines that you can't place many of, you can choose how to use your mine allowance, either use powerful mines, or cover a larger area.

17. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

how bout if mines had a hitbox (probably not the right word, i dont mean that you could shoot them and set them off) and if you put a mine on top of another, it sets it off, so each one has to be on the ground.

no pyramids this way, and easy to tell how many are there.

although i do like the idea of a pile o' mines.