Mine Poll

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329, Jan 6, 2017.

?

How much damage should mines do against Infantry?

1. 100 damage (The way it is now)

2. 150 damage (Or however much it used to be before this update)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Let's just take a poll and see where people stand on mines, instead of debating endlessly about it. 2016 was the year of democracy, anyway.

We'll have two choices for now: even though I frankly wouldn't mind the addition of anti-infantry vs. anti-vehicle mines. Honestly, I would much rather prefer that mines not be triggered by infantry at all, but only by vehicles, since I *mostly* use mines to combat vehicles and thus drop them in stacks of 3-4 to begin with, which makes it more of a nuisance to me than anything else when infantry run over them somehow.

It would be nice for mines to do more damage against vehicles, though, if we were to have anti vehicle mines.

2. NekoBaron

NekoBaron Member

The damage verses infantry isnt the issue its that they added resistances to mines and gave it to every class instead of just grens and possibly a slight one for engineers.

And yeah, its a pain in the ass as a gren if you want to mine against a tank you have to sit there for 30 seconds dropping 4 mines in the same spot and your limited to only having 8 down at one time.

3. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

It's not 100 damage, just saying.
    It's 105 damage for Gren/Scout.
    112.5 for Rifle.
    120 for Engi.

It's also worth noting that I did create a poll on this.
    1: Only 20 players voted.
    2: Half people wanted mines to deal lower damage (<150) and half people wanted mines to be the same.

EDIT: Just a sidenote, Hexi, I think you kinda just abandoned my points and decided that a wild polling is going to solve any core gameplay issues, it's not going to.
    I have to say that I shouldn't encourage this.

Empires had been "what we stayed for" for 10 years, I don't think that helped our population in any way.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I thought mines did do more damage to vehicles. The only thing I know is that there's diminishing returns on mines, so a stack of 4 not all of them are hitting 100% damage.

I don't really care which way this poll goes, but I really don't like the idea of grens being able to go so wide with mines when they are just using them against infantry.

5. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Well, why don't we just split mines into anti-infantry and anti-vehicle, and make it so you can only drop maybe 5 anti-infantry mines that each are instant kills, and have anti-vehicle mines be unchanged, except that infantry can no longer trigger them? Honestly, for me, that would be an ideal solution.

6. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Honestly I got nothing against that but it needs to be implemented code-wise.

If I can solve the problem (even partially) with a simple script work, I'd rather save the precious time of our programmers.