might as well show you what ive been up too

Discussion in 'Art' started by SirSnipes, May 3, 2009.

1. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

or they work for pixar, oh wait a pixar modellor only earns 250k a year

2. thetim

thetim Member

Chris, without wishing to appear rude, you do seem to big yourself up and put other people down quite a lot. Your modelling etc skills are valuable to the mod, whether anyone else is good or not - so please don't spend so much time trying to contrast yourself favourably with everyone else. Have the confidence in yourself to accept that other people can do things well. Not all of the respect and kudos on this forum has to go to you for you to be validated as a person and as a modeller.

3. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

chris models for this mod?

4. thetim

thetim Member

Maps, I believe.

5. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Well...

He says "anyone on his high school can do better than other" but I haven't seen any proof for this. He also "maps" in the way that he makes all kinds of awesome map designs but never lets anyone to play them because he just tries to stuff too much in one map and then he's all like: I have to remove this and this to add that and then it won't look so I have to add this again and then this has to go and so on.

Basically he hasn't released a single playable map even he has shown awesome screenshots at his maps.

So in a way he does map...

6. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

7. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Except how it moves would be impossible were it real. I think that's what the others were going on about.

8. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

the guy did these weird lil drawings trying to explain how it moved, i didnt get it either, butnow the AHOLE says he doesent have the money so scrap it after i show him the final result

anyway some more of my work, this was just random

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2009-05-06

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2009-05-06

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2009-05-06

9. Mr. Weedy

That last one looks just awesome if you made that yourself. I'm 100% sure that even Chris and his "anyone in his school" couldn't do better than that.

And about the video how that thing walks. You could reduce the bouncines by using the top most joints too because what I saw from the video they aren't used at all, they are rigid.

The less the mech bounces up and down the better its aim, sight and hit percentage are going to be (and also fuel economy because it requires less work from the motors on the thing when they don't have to thrust the hull up and brake it and let it fall down and again brake and thrust it up.)

And camera control on the video was good but when you zoomed into the "eye" of the thing and moved around a bit that was quite fast. You know the thing so you don't need slow motion cameras but we don't know it and we would like to see the details of it.

Anyway, good video. Try to reduce the bouncines of the thing and some how fasten up the turning a bit and you have a nice bot which only needs the final touches. (Such as having bigger ammo clips and some other small details.)

10. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Robots are easy if somewhat time consuming to make.

People are difficult, especially humans, because you have to weight them, robots are just moving blocks, and don't have things people can easily pick out as being wrong, like just about every part of a human, especially the face. They are also unbelievably hard to animate realistically, or even stylistically, I can't do either very well, but I know a lot of people who can.

Anything other than a skinned character is just a laborious but not difficult process of sticking primitives together. If you can make a cube you can make a city. People are the only difficult thing.

11. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

aye and i cant seem to find tutorials on weigting characters so i have to wait till uni to learn,

just stop complaining about me and actually comment on the models for once. or at least post up some of your work that is better, a

and thanks guys ive been sick with swine flu for the past 2 days so i had lots of time on my hands

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  12. Mr. Weedy

Let's go to forest from the road (aka to off-topic.)

How dangerous this pig flu after all is? Snipes could you tell me because you have it. :P

13. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

mostly not as dangerous as the flue

14. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

really just confine yourself to your room, stay away from others, all it does is make you throw up if you eat anything and caugh alot, sneeze alot, feel fucking freezing

its not that great but meh

15. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Considering it only managed to kill 150 people in mexico of all places, not very dangerous.

The model looks alright, better than your other models, but not particularly impressive. You can't do anything impressive with models that aren't skinned-character models unless you do lots and lots of them, put them in game, and make a level with them.

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  16. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

wtf does video games have to do with these?
    these arent videogame models, these models for animations and just models for practice, and im never going to take you seriously untill you show some of your work

[​IMG]

17. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

what kind of creature is that?

18. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

it was my first attempt at a daemon prince of nurgle from warhammer, came out as shit

19. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Er, animated organic creatures still need to be skinned, and animated robots are still a hell of a lot easier than animated skinned characters, and animations still need environments so building a complete environment and lighting it still applies.

That looks like you had a seizure while holding the paint deformation tool.

20. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

I Wanna See Chris Work! :d