Microphones, What They Are Meant For.

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Bass, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Bass

Bass Member

All right, this definitely needs to be said.

With the new wave of beginners flooding the game with their microphones, them being below 14 years old, I've been getting headaches lately.

Most of the time, if not all, I use the microphone to ask the Com for something. Typically I only ask for barracks and targets, nothing more. But now all I hear is, "Hahah headshot!" "Ohh snap I almost died." Most of us don't care. Whether you live or you manage to get a headshot is nothing impressive.

Whenever I try telling the Com some useful information like where the enemy CV is, what weapons/armor the enemy is using, or if any tank rushes are coming, my voice is drowned by the stupid comments people yell on my microphones.

This is seriously annoying because my Com dies, and he yells at his team, while I said, "I said that 3 minutes ago," only to get a response like, "I didn't hear you." That's the problem, no one can hear useful information.

I use a mic myself, but I began spamming text instead to get what I need. So if you have a microphone, don't abuse it, otherwise go to Cuba and see how far you can get with your voice.

On a side note, for those who played with me late last night:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  2. Coffeeburrito

Coffeeburrito Coder

Cpatton uses a slide rule.

3. Zanarias

Zanarias Member

I honestly do talk a lot, but I try to make most of the information I say useful. Since I'm usually a squad leader, I do a lot of directing and organizing (things many people seem to neglect as squad leader), and, as a result, this leads me to talking often. On infantry maps I find myself exclaiming kills and the like, but I try to keep it to a minimum.

I agree though, a lot of people seem to use the microphone in a non-strategic matter.

4. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

If you want to warn your team theres nothing more frustraiting as
    a team of micspammers and chatignorers.

5. John Shandy`

John Shandy` Member

This problem seems to grow each time a new influx of players comes to Empires.

Since I'm usually playing on servers I have admin on, I'll just go on a server-side muting spree if they're bad enough.

The most annoying people are often not even "chit chatting" - instead, they're announcing every little thing:

"Okay, I'm gonna take these turrets down."
    "I've dropped an ammo box."
    "I'm 'nade spamming the turrets."
    "The MG turret is down."
    "I'm still nading the ML turret."
    "It'll be down soon."
    "It's down."
    "I'm building a camera."
    "I'm going to go get some health at the armory."
    "I'm at the armory, I'm getting some health."
    "Okay commander, I'm now a scout."
    "I'm going to sabotage their radar."
    "I've sabotaged their radar."
    "Darn, he killed me."
    "I spawned at main commander."
    "I'm going to get an APC and rush their barracks."
    "Okay I'm attacking their barracks."

etc.

6. Bass

Bass Member

Quoted for truth, Hotel squad rules.

7. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

Microphones are made for singing songs to your teammates!

Pic up a mic and feel like a star! :D

I think squads should have seperate voice channels...

8. Bass

Bass Member

Then we might need a seperate key for a Global Mic to relay information to the Com.

9. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

What's with everyone trying to be like communism these days? You even stole his squad.

10. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

He smells anyway

11. No. 6

No. 6 Member

BS, its Papa squad ftw.

12. o_O

o_O Member

Theres a bunch of 13 year olds that go scout, snipe people, and announce everything they see and do. I just mute them, if they say anything important the comm will probly say it too anyway.

13. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

yeah, learn to love mute, thats for sure. I go heavy on the mute if they're being idiots. I talk a lot too, but that's almost always directing other people, like what zanarias said. Most of the time it's trying to help out newbs, anyway.

14. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I think some people just need to learn when "TMI" is applied. Some people seem to think everything is TMI, even the CV being mined, other people seem to think that even their hygiene habits are not TMI.

The two worst types are the kids that want you to hold their hand all through the match, and the guys who are relatively good, but always talk through the comm and usually go in the wrong direction. Rallying people to the S-bend when 5 enemy inf just made it across an undefended bridge, I don't need that.

15. Sirex

Sirex Member

This is why we need squad voice chat, or alternatively local voice chat.
    So that people reporting in that they have done a small progress, like destroyed turrets, can report that to the squad leader and his squad buddys, then when they are finished with the objective then the squad leader can report in that information to the commander.

Because in order to win people need to talk to each other, and this applies on ground level also, like reporting in to the squad that i for example as engineer had nade spammed the MGTurret so the rest of the squad can move up and thinks like this. But everyone does not need to hear local communication.

The mayor problem is that we only got one voice chat for the whole team.

16. GoodGame

GoodGame Member

It's called mic-spam, and it should be a bannable offense. But you can mute specific offenders, either yourself, or server-wide by the admin.

17. Bass

Bass Member

Yes muting works, but the Com cannot simply mute all the mic spammers.

Otherwise the mic spammer would get bitchy and blame the Com on everything.

18. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

I just talk about random stuff if Im inf, like the weather, and MILF's. I can do that while owning :<

19. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I report small things if I'm working with some other people, mainly because it's useful to them, if I see a grenade I'll tell everyone about it, same goes for enemy defences and when they're clear.

20. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Yes & while we're at it tell players to stop using scout rifles & tanks. :rolleyes:
    (I don't see any problem in idle chit-chat if you're on the winning team imo :P)

Oh & Romeo Squad bitches! :D