Mechwarrior Crysis Mod

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Krenzo, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

That looks awesome. Shame I only have a day or 2 left on my crysis free week.

3. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I don't want to buy crysis just for one mod :|

4. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

So, apparently, it completly runs over the max sound channels for cryengine, and crashes when there are too many sounds if you have sound on.

It works great in lower playercount servers (less sounds) but oh god does it crash like Empires1.0 with larger servers.

5. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

Give it a few months and it will be polished up :X

6. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Holy F, thanks for the heads up.

7. dizzyone

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  8. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

It's nothing but crashes for me. I wish more people would post youtube videos of their gameplay so that I can at least watch.

9. dizzyone

I've played it for a couple hours without crashing, I actually had some freezing happening at first, but I'm guessing that was a problem with my hardware, raising my voltage and lowering my memory timings (cpc to 2T) fixed it. It didn't help the crashing out of the game though, which luckily isn't as annoying as having to reset my pc.

Gameplay is great, however, you can't customize your mechs which is a big shame (triple AC's damnit!) and ruins mech play IMHO.

I've actually had the most fun just flying around as a JumpJet Soldier (I think they're called BA), Throwing stickies on the vehicles and flying around with a PPC gun :). Also something pretty amazing about Soldiers is that in low gravity environments you can actually control yaw, being able to trust sideways or down with your jumpjet.

Biggest let down were the maps, theres actually some weapons that can't shoot through tall grass, and vehicles have a hard time driving through fallen trees, even the mechs have a hard time with some. The maps are mediocre at best, none of them looked like they were even tweaked for the whole mech/vehicle gameplay, full of cliffs and rocks you get stuck on, crappy hills that don't allow you to stand straight on, crappy bases with little space to manouver out of, even on the big maps where you're supposed to play with atleast 32 people, good luck getting out of base with 10 dumbass mechs. just pisses me off how crappy they were compared to mechwarrior maps.

Misses a lot of polish that makes Mechwarrior great, but it's a beta afterall. The worst part about it all is that vehicles have decent armor compared to mechs, once you get tagged you're pretty much screwed by all the cheap ass LRM vehicles. In mechwarrior vehicles didn't stand a chance, they got squished like insects, and that's how it should've stayed...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010