Master Engineers Guild aka -MEG-

Discussion in 'Clans' started by -MEG- hobbes, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Go for 9, scrims at 8 are always too early for the PST guys. Seriously, I know I'm not involved, but I am telling you, 9pm is and always has been the most successful time to do a scrim.

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

8:30 pm gmt

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Paradox, just ask your mother nicely if you can stay up an extra hour. I'm sure she'll let you if you clean the dishes and promise to do all your homework first.

4. Paradox

ffs, I told you not to post this you cunt!

5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

hahahahha oh geez paradox why you such a marionette.

6. Paradox

idiot, I was joking

7. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

:headshot:

If I had floor space I'd be rollin yo.

8. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Why are you getting the scrim time from Paradox? Who let Paradox (again) in MEG?

9pm UTC is the official time for all Empires-related events. It is only 8pm UTC during the summer.

9. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Paradox isn't in meg as far as I'm aware, although this may not be the case.

Patton, I'm sick of all this passive aggressive bullshit going on, I talked extensively to one of your clan members about maps, times and dates and you seem to be ignoring that and using the same argument against me.

If you're trying to scrim, talk to me or Hobbes.

On times, our last training session was at 7am Australian time, which was middayish for Americans. It seems to be the time most members can show. So fuck the standard time, 12pm sat seems fine for us.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  10. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

lol. You guys asked us to set a date, we did, and set it for 3.5 weeks out specifically to make sure no one was confused. We didn't really need a specific time AFAIK, so we asked you to pick a time. Don't get on my nuts because I asked you to participate in making this scrim happen. Gathering ringers for MEG doesn't count. Although yes you did come to a map agreement with us, I bring your attention to the fact that your post is not very specific and causes confusion:

scenario 1: So, the only time zone you mentioned in your post was australian time, I'm guessing that is EDT. EDT is +16 hours from Eastern Time (US). Essentially, you want us to play at 12PM (noon) EDT Saturday, which is 8PM FRIDAY on US East Coast, and 5PM FRIDAY on US West? I think it kind of screws over the Europeans, but we might make it happen. If you could bump this back 1 or even 2 hours, that would be ideal, but for now lets assume this works. Also maybe we have it in the morning of Sunday for Australians and saturday night for Americans?

scenario 2: you want to play at 12pm Eastern Time (US). Which is 4AM for aussies? This doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm assuming you meant the former interpretation.

-------------------------------------------------

I'm not trying to give you a particularly hard time, but until you guys proposed this time, we really had no preference to base it on. Try to be specific next time. Believe it or not, I don't know where every MEG player lives IRL, so put down a time zone when you flippantly pick an hour on the clock.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  11. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

Drama!!!!! If only there was some way to stop the flow of time then we all could scrim at the same time of the day, I will get on in Quantum physics Ho!!!!!

Edit: any time Friday, Saturday or Sunday works for me.

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Hidden message revealed.

13. complete_

complete_ lamer

this dumb bullshit always happens when bsid decides to scrim. i say noone scrim them and let them call themselves the king of empires of whatever so they can just go away and die.

most annoying clan ever

14. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

15. complete_

complete_ lamer

dont let lolking join your clan hes too cool for you guys

16. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

17. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

When I said middayish for Americans I meant 12pm. But anyhow, I refuse to believe America has 8 time zones, so no idea what was being said there about 8pm.

Also, while I'm totally down with scrimming at 4am, which is what me and Empty normally do anyway, we had a huge amount of people available for a training session that was only organized a few hours in advance. Pretty sure we hit 15, so with a few days notification I'm sure we could do far better.
    What I'm basically saying is that 12pm east coast time seems good. Which is what I said in my last post. You guys good with that time?

18. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

10am in Colorado. I'm down

19. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

See that's what I'm talking about. I was pretty sure you meant noon Aussie time. Even TRICKSTER WAS SURE that you meant Aussie time -_-.

So yea, 9am for our west coast dudes, a little early but what the heck no problem. But as I was saying, this is 4am for you.

20. Paradox

9pm UTC is the official time for all Empires-related events? Do we have an official empires scrim rule book? Cause link me, otherwise wmg GTFO CUNT