Maptesting 2/9 -06

Discussion in 'Testers' started by Grizzly, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Grizzly

Grizzly BEAR SIZED DOORS

On the 2/9 at 20:00 GMT, we will be testing Emp_StreetsOfFire and Emp_Glycencity
    Everyone that can be on and test at that time, Be there

Iv'e contacted the clan BSID, they will also be testing with us, so we might team up us vs them or somthing like that

I'm going to post the link to SOF when i get the version we are to test of it uploaded and done, and i hope warfle post a link to Glycen when he feels that it's ready for testing to

What i and warfle are looking for is 2-4 rounds per map of actuall proper fighting to determin what works and what dossen't with actuall fighting

Further details will be posted when avaible!

2. Scoutbz

Scoutbz Member

noobletz

3. Grizzly

Grizzly BEAR SIZED DOORS

I'l add another reply becous that way it will look like there is activity going on here :D

Join #emptest on gamesurge (yes, thats the same as the other channels...)
    that is where i have instructed the BSID people to go to

Annyways, the url for the map:

http://xperienced.net/grizzly/Maps/StreetsOfFire/Emp_Sof_b14.rar

And the password

emokidcutyourmom

1h untill testing! :)

4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

im sure this popped up in your mind Grizzly
    but why not place the refinery in over here:
    [​IMG]

Right now that part seems to be a bit useless, you cant get past the train anyway, even tho you probably intended it as a good place to drop buildings, tanks cant get up the stairs, only thing that would be good to place there would be a barracks.
    The BE barracks actually fits under the bridge on the other side, and the east side is right next to that street where be comes from so it wouldnt be a real smart location for an NF barracks. The other side of the bridge on the other hand would be a good place to drop a barracks, so why not put the refinery on this side (red circle). Maybe also you might want to consider making a crossover on the west side of the bridge, going into your little central park, with the train still passing by occasionally to kill some ppl passing the cross over :>

edit: and ofc this is a solution to what i mentioned in the screenshots thread, that the current ref location is right in front of the street from be's base.

I could be missing the point here, your evil plan to world domination by frustrating poor emp_recruits, still just my 2 cents in making this map a bit more out there. as in not getting totally zergrushkekepwned by nf, NF definitly seems to have the upper hand on this map, there base is very easily defendable, also easy to arty, but BE already has a disadvantage at low tech, I doubt most games on this map will let BE get to arty atm.

edit2: ok that last part had nothing to do with the refs, accidently cut out a part about the center :P
    nobody was gonna read it anyway so meh

Last edited: Sep 5, 2006
  5. Grizzly

Grizzly BEAR SIZED DOORS

To sum the testing up by the way... Where were everyone? :(