Mapping -Textures suggestion

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by the_6th_monkey, May 16, 2006.

1. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

How about you rename all the textures to have emp at the beginning so I can go straight to the empires textures in the hammer texture browser instead of searching through thousands and thousands hl2 textures with no use

Or You could possibly move all the empires textures into a empirestexture folder which would also have a similar effect

I know this would mean you'd have to retexture your maps, although this would be easy using the replace texture button and this would definetly help in the long run

Also could you please make the empires blend textures look on the preview pic like what they look like in game, its a pain placing every texture just to see what it looks like ::)

Anyhow hope you will help

2. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

Just type common/

3. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

This is unneccessary. There is a drop-down box underneath the type-in box, just select empires from that and there's your textures :)

4. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

You see when I ask people how to get easy access to empires textures I'm never told these things :D

5. duke

duke Former Developer (BE Creator)

im pretty sure empires is set to the keyword of every vmt

6. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Why isn't this topic in the mapping section? I know its a suggestion, but still...