Map Spotlight: emp_money

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Trickster, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Short of a giant floating wall, I can't really do that. In fact, so far, it's actually easier to because of the larger middle. But the arty can get buttraped from both roofs. There isn't really a way to prevent it, and the best way I could think of was simply make them have to do it from really vulnerable positions.

2. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

An ER arty that moves forward to propel its shots can hit NF base from BE base on Dustorm.

3. Empty

Empty Member

Empires vehicles are stupid.

They can't do jumps.
    Ever.

4. Trickster

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ok, so I widened up the middle and extended one of the roofs (Once I've finished with it I'll copy paste it round all 4). Blight then knocked up a Prefab Bunker which Omneh edited, I've editited it a little further to make it smaller so there's more room, which isn't in those screenshots. Omneh did some texture work then and spammed some boats in the water below, as well as adding a 3D skybox. So between us 3, it's starting look pretty good.

5. Empty

Empty Member

Kill that fucking smoke.

6. Mageknight

Mageknight Member

I like it. I think this could be neat.

7. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

<3 the FX.

Nice work!

8. Omneh

Omneh Member

Ignore the shitty 3dskybox, I knocked that up in the space of around three minutes and I didn't have time to make it look decent. I also forgot to enable fog.

Basically, it was an attempt to give money some context as some big canal or something.

TRICKSTER DON'T FUCKING SQUASH COMPLEX BRUSHWORK

9. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

nice idea, but no serious transport boat could pass under the small bridges, what about making the entire middle suspended? so a "real" cargo ship could use the canal to cross over or go to the harbor or something :3

10. Trickster

I only squashed it so that you would get angry and fix it.

11. Omneh

Omneh Member

IF YOU THINK I'M GOING TO REALIGN EVERY SINGLE FUCKING VERTICE WITH THE GRID YOU CAN STUFF YOUR HEAD UP YOUR ASS

Also, thats a rather good idea blizzerd.

EDIT: FURTHER UP YOUR ASS

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

if i think what happened happened and you just "scaled" the dimentions of a building then its better to just remake it then to realign every line back on the grid

believe me, you can make 10 new bunkers before you can guarantee that every line is where it is supposed to be

if i work together with others and i need to rescale architecture of others i don't want to perfect myself i put a skip brush around it in the size of my desire of what the bunker should be and give it a name "bunker" for example then i give the map file back to who made it first

13. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

Good work so far trickster. I especially like the bunker in the middle. don't put a refinary in the middle, it'll create too much pressure on a currently noob friendly map to control territory.

14. Blight

Blight Member

I made that bloody bunker, pfff Tricksters taking all the credit

Also, its a bad idea to squish brushwork because vertices won't align to the grid anymore. Hammer has to use floating points to determine the location of the vertices. And because floating point and binary dont really go together you end up with tiny errors like 1/100 unit gaps.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  15. Trickster

Also, that is the full size one in the pic Blight, NOW do you see why it's too big for tank combat? DO YOU BLIGHT D:

And yes I know it fucks shit up, hence when I did it, a small part of Omneh died, and thus he fixed it. It worked.

16. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Nice boat.

17. Kittamaru

Kittamaru Member

Please, PLEASE tell me there is a new release that is arty-proof?

18. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

cut tickets down to about a 100

19. Trickster

@ Kittamaru:

It isn't, but due to roof access, it "should" make arty far more vulnerable, due to RPGs from above, so I hope this will curve the arty spam a bit. The refs have all been moved around and split up, so you can't hit them all in 1 go.

@ Dubee

I don't want it to be a ticketwar before it starts. If anything, depending how easy it stalemates, I may increase them.

20. o_O

o_O Member

100 tickets (per team) means on a 64 player server each player gets to respawn 3 times. Even on VIPER with 40 people thats 5 spawns per person. It would be like a district revive war but worse. No comm map should ever have less then 200 tickets unless its designed to suck.