Map Spotlight: emp_isle

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by John Shandy`, May 26, 2009.

1. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

maybe that center ref could be on some kind of hill or plateau, with ladders and ramps up there? maybe turn it into a bunker with a flag inside it?

2. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

Making it a flag removes the bitching of wasted resources, but seems rather silly. Unfortunately, unless it is mounted high up on a hill, it will always be vulnerable to sniping.

Personally, I'd say make it a double or triple. That would heavily focus combat for and around it

3. SnowDrakE

SnowDrakE Member

Sniping is fine, because both sides can do it. It would be hard to cap without losses but it also forces the opponent to actively attack the middle if they want to prevent you from getting the resources.

A capturable resourceflag seems like a decent idea in my opinion.

4. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

flags in the middle fail
    they make 70% of the people just go to them and camp for eternity

adding cover to the middle would be a good thing, but not bunkers and stuff that

5. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

Which is the biggest problem of wide open middles, it is hard to add anything to really fix them if they end up broke

6. Omneh

Omneh Member

Has any progress been made on this? Balance has been discussed a lot, but what about the visual side of things? Isle could look great with more tropical textures and foilage, and you could do some interesting things with sea arches and the like. At the very least, it needs a water texture that doesn't have brown fog.

7. John Shandy`

John Shandy` Member

I still need to make some more textures (and test some existing ones), especially cliff and grass textures.

I already have a water shader to replace the current one (it's not the same as for tropicvendetta, mind you, though it has been used in megahill_jam and duststorm_225_b1).

8. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

well hurry the fuck up junior!

9. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

jeez, take your fucking time on this shit why don't you.