Map idea: emp_bamboo

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Skifer UK, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Skifer UK

Skifer UK Member

Here's a quick idea ive brought up while waiting for 1.07 to download how about a assault map but with no vehicles just purely a assault map with flags what i could be is a big jungle area and -NOT MANY PATHS- so really you will be navigating with your map more so you know where your going aswell there should be loads of plants and tree's so it will be hard to sniper and it will be likly to be close combat until you get to the flag's which could be like a mini paintball base with sandbags around the flash and a net roof on top with ammo and a radar dish plus the main bases could be fenced and there whould be 4 turrets around the base 2 at each entrance also there sohuld be a barrcaks and armoury and a radar(just for fun) plus in the middle of the map there could be a river meandering with a broken bridge with a tank by the side of the bridge that has been wrecked and the water can be deep but hurts you if you cross it.

Sorry if my explantion it a bit rustly.

You can add mroe ideas if your nice enough to make it.

2. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

No offense, but personally i hate infantry-only maps. If you want infantry-only gameplay, then why even play Empires?

3. 2TM

2TM Banned

No, I Love the idea. But We need a infantry only map with MANY paths. Also, Instead of flags add blowup-able buildings/ guns.
    With low tickets= 50
    It would be a map for firefights, soley won off revives and riflemen :)
    I Can help with the map but i'm good at lighting and buildings small things
    Not good at bumpy floors, preety much anything useing the clipper
    EDIT: How do you take screen shots in hammer?! i can make a floorplan of this map

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  4. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I've never seen a single sentence so long. By the time I got to the end I could hear you speaking out of breath lol.

Yeah, I love the idea. Dense jungle is still a challenge which must be over-come though. I kinda agree on the infantry-only point, I mean I do not think it is the selling point of this mod. Having said that, it can't hurt to have a bit of diversity.

5. Skifer UK

Skifer UK Member

Maybe it could be a tropical island a bit bumpy with hills and cliffs like this quick ms picture i made.

[​IMG]
    (bigger picture here http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/skifer/untitled-1.jpg)

The middle area could be a old temple or a acicent reserch base with werid base ruins around it.

The ground could be moderatly bumpy with hills rocks and cliffs. lots of trees and debrey.

Whoever hold the base out the longest win's

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  6. jambo

jambo Member

mmm. heres my idea , have several flags , with interconnecting paths and roads through the jungle to connect them.
    have about 6 flags , each side allready occupies 2 flags , and all flags are capturable in any order.
    each side will have a least 1 vf , but no comm - maby have some automatic reaserch as well.

7. Chico

Chico Member

maybe more infantry-designed map than only infrantry. Let each side have vehicle, but only few roads with no vision in the jungle. So the tanks will be very vulnerable and will need infantry support to protect them when moving.

8. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

Hmm... I might make something similiar to this.