Map exploit. (Walking through walls)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tokenekie, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tokenekie

Tokenekie Member

I've been studying this exploit on various maps. It seems to be a general exploit found on maps with hilly terrain like Isle, Crossroads, and Badland.

It is possible for infantry to "fall" "or "wedge" themselves under the map or behind rock walls.

For example, if a unit wedges himself against the walls of the map (not one that is built) where the wall make a slope such that when crouched, the top of the slope touches the head and the bottom is a bit away from the feet, the unit will be able to walk through the wall while crouch-walking against it.

This is an issue because the units behind this wall are able to shoot through the wall but units outside on the normal plane wont be able to shoot back because there is a wall in the way.

As witnessed, an engineer could use this exploit to put turrets behind a wall where it cannot be destroyed.

Exploiting is a banable offence.

2. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

This has been seen before and shown to the devs by me personally several versions ago, and some of the maps have been changed to fix it for the most part.

3. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Has been known for serveral versions as said. I imagine they're leaving it as is since most, if not all, of the maps are getting a makeover.

4. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

Yeah, I learned this quickly my self, I only use it to revenge/avenge myself/teamates though.

But, might I request removing the tactic inwhich you are able to enter the wall, it is just telling people how to do it and may lead to more people doing it.

I'd like to see it fixed in mass, if there is still one way to do it, then don't bother fixing it because then people like me (Vigilanty Justice :D) can't preform their duty.

But it gets annoying when you accidently fall though the map...

5. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

just make it (if its possible) so that if you walk in terrain you fall to your death.

6. NobleDragon

NobleDragon Member

He tells you how to do it, but doesnt tell you WHERE to do it. Last thing i want to do during a game is waste time trying to find a place to wall-walk (unless im trying to get the bastard thats already exploiting)

7. Nutnoze

Nutnoze Member

I accidentally did this on isle, I was sneaking up on somebody with the scout, crouched, cloaked and against the wall when i walked through it, i came back out, tried again, walked through it, thought to myself "What the fuck?!?!" and just shot the guy instead of sneaking up on him :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.