makes no sense at all

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Paradox, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Railguns only having 35 AMMO. You go through it like crazy. Its definitly not balanced compared to ER or HE.
    You need to go get ammo every other minute. Whilst wiith HE and ER you only need it every 5

Xyaminou likes this.
  2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

It feels balanced with an engineer driver in mind. While the power is there (assuming you consistently land shots), it doesn't get you very much if you have to fall back to resupply after two skirmishes.

3. Paradox

Keep in mind that railguns are optimal against tanks and not against buildings-> driving around in tank combat makes it hard to resuply stationary in comparison to sieging a base with ammo box next to you

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

I agree that you keep moving, but as I said, you have enough ammunition to last you a skirmish or two, after which resupplying with a self-placed ammo crate takes a matter of seconds you would probably spend repairing anyways. Extended firefights require you to adjust your firing to the limited supply, which reduces your damage output by a fair amount.

5. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

The idea is exactly that railgun shouldn't be as sustaining as other cannons.

A-z-K likes this.
  6. Paradox

That makes no sense. ER and HE are good for sieging buildings -> makes sense for them to have LOW ammo because in a sieging environment you have ammo boxes dropped.
    railgun is mainly used for tank combat so you would use high ammo in my logic.

Following your logic that railguns should not be sustaining why should HE and ER be sustaining? It makes no sense and just irrationally makes railguns shit...
    So tell me, what is "the idea" that railguns shouldnt be sustaining.

7. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

DPS : Railgun > Ranged > HE

You can take railgun as a more focused anti-tank weapon that can burst down tanks but has less sustainability.

Like BEAR, you can rekt 1~2 guys real quick but then you have to reload.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  8. D.D.D. Destroyer

I still think it should have at least 5 more shots, but it does indeed work against those 1-2 guys. You just need someone else to fill in for you until you return with a fresh stock of shells.

9. Paradox

And with BEHR you can rek 3-4 guys real quick, the difference is BEAR has more accuracy than BEHR.
    What does Railguns have over ER? Or over HE, its only the attack speed thats it. And because its attack speed is so fast you need to reload constantly. still makes no sense to me.
    Either railguns is balanced and ER/HE are just too strong with that much clip. Or railguns are shit and ER and HE are balanced

edit using bear is just a bad analogy

10. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Where did you gather that? Rails is better against buildings then even uml over time.

11. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

He's probably referring to turret. (and even so it's not much worse)

Dual 3-slot railgun deals insanely 106 DPS, to conceptualize it, that's almost as high as dual-TOW Guided and guess what? Railgun does not have to reload after 5 shots.

Give me a reason to make this shit lasting.

It makes sense, it's called asymmetric balance.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  12. Paradox

I dont understand why ER and HE have so much sustainability then? How does that fit in the grand scheme of things. Like honestly aftr trying railguns, im never going to research them again knowing I can get er or he and be WAAAAAY better of.

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

I think rail guns are a great supplementary tank weapon. They don't work as the main gun you want the bulk of your army to use, but a few sprinkled in nicely complement the main bruiser tank loadouts, particularly HE for BE (much like nuke tanks, but against different units). They also work as a late game damage boost to NF medium tank warcubes.

14. complete_

complete_ lamer

hey guys we made a weapon that you can only use as one class but we want to make all classes useful

rails are good against buildings but that doesnt mean its not stupid
    i remember the days when rails were the weapon that ended stalemate games. how the mighty have fallen. and how the stalematey the games have become

15. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

It's funny that you say this because dual rail BE heavy tanks were OP.
    I remember the days when I could get in a dual rail compo heavy and 1v3 NF heavy tanks with capable drivers.

Oh man do I love it.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  16. Lazybum

Technically that does end the stalemate, just for one side though.

17. D.D.D. Destroyer

We have nukes and arty to help break stalemates resulting from holding chokepoints.

18. Lightning

Lightning Member

Grens can also be useful in breaking stalemates when upgraded, dealing like 66(?) more damage with both upgrades, which shreds even composite when you got a squad of the fuckers just behind the tank line peeping out and making the enemy feel insignificant.

Rails are balanced because even in a tank fight you can pull back for 3 seconds, drop an ammo box, and then use its decent radius to keep fighting. Although ER is still the better weapon, because its about Alpha damage rather than DPS in most tank fights, because the enemy will try and run away after about a minute in the fight when his armours toast and hes flashing. And then a noob has to try and range him out while hes retreating to get a hit on him.

TLDR; ER still best tank gun for BE (next to HE in circumstance)

In my experience anyway.

19. Lazybum

This is a true statement, but back in that heyday of dual rails being op it was something that could never ever cost you the game. Nukes also don't help on stalemates when you stalemate in the middle of the map somewhere, if it's breaking down that final base or whatever nukes are great but in mid fights like slaughtered sbend nukes really don't do much there, not anymore then bio ml or something.

I think ranged and he are easier for most to use because you have that extra second or 2 to aim with, rails is harder to keep your aim constant and pile on the damage if they are moving around. It's why I prefer ranged or he as a commander because I know the team will do a bit better with them(that and they are just used to using them all the time, rails less so.) As a player I don't really care, though I don't like he so much against tanks for obvious reasons.