Make messages, which commander get, one-lined.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Mr. Weedy, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

For example, on Crossroads when I'm commanding, or on any other map, I normally select every single player and then I mark a whole area of targets for them.

That results in the situation where I mostly can't follow the chat at all because it gets spammed by 15 "name here, TARGET DESTROYED, REMAINING TARGETS xxx"

I would like to see these messages on one single line. Like when I have targetted one target for 15 people I would like to see it as this: "name here, other guy's name here, another name and so on.... TARGET DESTROYED, REMAINING TARGETS xxx"

So the chat wouldn't get spammed by target destroyed messages and I actually could read what people as from me by the chat.

And when there would be too many names after each other which would cause the info message to be too long to fit in the chat as one message, let it continue to second message.

Or add an option which will disable those messages totally because I'm not so interested at messages which tell you that one target somewhere got destroyed because I can always check it with my own eyes or select all the players on the field and see how many targets they have left.

2. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Wouldn't it be better to use the squad names for messages, and use player names for those not in a squad?

3. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I say that this is definately a "feature" that should be REMOVED from the game. perhaps individual target clicking can be allowed, but just sweeping a large area doesn't add anything to the game.

it's basically a wall hack.

4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

It's not like he can select them when they're not in view...maybe you'd like the idea better if weedy had a command blimp - that way the birdseye view is justified ^ ^

5. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

i see no problem with commanders having the capability to share info with the ground troops.

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

share info, like the commander telling his troops; there's a barracks ahead, etc, that's fine.

enabling wall hack doesn't sound like sharing info to me, it sounds like an exploit.

7. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Good point, good point. Also make those squads/names to appear on one line and I think this would help A LOT.

And Private Sandbag, on every RTS you can select targets which are within your view area and order your troops to attack them. It isn't a wall hack, you just order your troops to attack multiple targets.

ALSO the enemy team can do JUST THE SAME THING for you so I think it MIGHT be just okay in the way as it is now.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007