LOTR: Online

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DeadReckoning, Mar 29, 2007.

1. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Felt the need to post this, I have the beta. But my computer is being repaired (RMA'd mobo). First I heard bad stuff, but now good stuff.

And I felt the need to post this because, of the music system..

HAHA LOTR Bands XD

Some Guy Playing Dust in the Wind

Pretty cool, so I'm 80% sure im gonna get it, >>

Now seeing this is crazy :o

MARIO!!

<< Guide to Music Playing.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  2. Thor

Thor Member

Don't waste your time. Games a joke. And I've heard the same thing from every beta tester I've talked to.

If your looking for a good MMO other than WoW(not saying its any good), turn your head in th direction of WAR.

3. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

hmmm. ;/ ya, I doubt I'll get it now, looking into my pocket. pretty shallow for an MMo. Never been into the Warhammer Fantasy. Sucks compared to 40k ;/. But I've heard some good, but alotmore good things from some beta testers. I got a beta disc, and I cant try it til my computer comes back. Didnt even pre-order it -_-. I'd rather to try the beta before I make a final decision, cause I can't truly trust your opinion of the game, cause you never tried it ;p.

4. Thor

Thor Member

I played the lotrO beta for a week before I uninstalled it, if I failed to mention that in the above post. Mythic Entertainment is the lead developer behind WAR. I agree, WH40K rocks balls, but Mythic, if you did not know, created Dark Age of Camelot, which is one of the best MMO's next to EQ and UO. Most of all, it has the best PvP(or what they call it, RvR) ever implemented in an MMO to date. That may be an opinion but even people who hate the game say that. I played for 4 long years before moving on. If you snoop around youtube and watch the dev videos on the game, the way how PVP is so important to the core game and the dozens of way they are implementing PvP is AWESOME! I signed up for WAR beta the day they sent out a newsletter to it exclusively to DAOC subscribers, so hopefully I'll get in soon.

5. Darg

Darg Member

If you want solid action in a persistent world then check out battleground europe: world war II online. It's 8 years old and still going strong, albeit with a small core community of 1-2000 players. It has some character development but apart from that it's just fighting between allies and germans. Surprisingly addictive. You can check out the completely free months trial.
    http://www.wwiionline.com/