Lock the research...again

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sneaky, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

I wanted to reply to the original thread wherein someone requested that the comm be given the ability to stop his team from, for example, buying incomplete heavies (plain armor, std engine). Then i noticed the thread had been summarily locked with a succinct "restrict the vehicles" as reply.
    I think that reply misses the point made by the poster rather completely and the lock was therefore unnecessary and blunt.

What the poster wanted and what I've been wanting as comm myself is the ability to restrict SPECIFIC tech from being built, i.e. no heavy/medium/arty tanks or jeeps, but freely available apcs and light tanks.

In fact I would like the control to go a bit further and have a second level of restriction where certain favored players ARE allowed to build the allowed tech (and only the allowed tech), while the rest of the players are restricted from doing so.

In short, the ability to stop emp_recruit from buying a reactive heavy with std cannons bound to slot 1 primary and slot 2 secondary while still allowing the players the comm trusts to not dick around with the teams res to get vehicles as needed.

2. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

That would work, thumbs up :D

3. communism

communism poof

The reason is was locked without much of a response is probably because of the number of times it has been suggested. Search for it

4. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

It was locked with the comment to "restrict vehicle creation", so it was obviously misunderstood.
    Regardless, even if it has been suggested before and even if it does sound like something that would require a few new functions to be coded, its something I'd really like as comm so ill just harass the team a bit again, maybe they've got some spare time to kill. :)

5. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I'm sorry for not being descriptive, it seems to me though you did not bother searching, so let me lock this for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.