Loading sever problem

Discussion in 'Support' started by Unholyfurball, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Unholyfurball

Unholyfurball Member

When I try to join the sever [Viper] Empire-All Welcome 99.198.97.162:27105 the loading bar starts to blink rapidly at 'Sending client info...' and I can hear the sounds of battle. After the loading bar starts to blink I can't cancel the loading and I have to Alt+tab out and close the game exe.

I have the most up-to-date upgrade for my graphics card and I have DX11, but I try to run the game in DX8 because my graphics card isn't the strongest and well my pc is pretty damn old.

2. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

did you even use the search?
    im pretty sure ive read exactly the same problem in another thread a few weeks ago
    not sure if its solved though

//edit
    report back if you have done whats written here and here

3. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Who told you to do it? Use -autoconfig to reset to DX9. Newer version of Empires (to be released) warns people who mess with settings about unsupported ones.

4. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Yup, I had this issue with my piece of shit laptop. Mootants right, it's the hardware direct x level.

Remember, everything you do actually happens in game. I was autoswitched to NF every time for some reason. You can still chat to people using the Y key, just bring up console to see replies. Using admin is really fun when you can't see anything, although I had a very hard time killing anything.