List 2.2 bugs here!

Discussion in 'Support' started by [lodw]keef, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

What I mean is, I can see shadows through all walls, not just single walls.

It was either negligible or non existant previously, and now the shadows are very much visible.

This is probably the OBs shadows being so much better than previously. But I never noticed anything before. Now it's very much there, easy to see.

2. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

The shadow through wall effect is the lightmaps going underneath a wall, so the shadows end up being calculated for that lightmap and end up on the other side.
    It's basically a choice between render time and quality. You could avoid it by cutting up the brush, but then you would be increasing the (RAD) compile time.

3. Caelo

Caelo Member

maybe someone should recompile the map to quality then?
    Once it is 100% done though...

4. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

happens on ALL maps, xroads ramps, slaught bridge. all buildables are pooched now.

they do NOT dynamically upgrade and they SHOULD, or at least be able to be driven to a repair pad and 'upgraded' with spawn point. Is this even possible? If its a huge deal, you should just 'unresearch' apc's completely and have them unlock in the spot that spawn points do now.

this sounds like the old bug we had before where if you get hit on the turret/top of tank you take double damage. we fixed it once before, any ideas devs?

we know and yes you can get unstuck, open console type bind "o" "emp_unstuck" and then press 'o' whenever you get stuck into something.

5. kill3rtomato

kill3rtomato Member

Makes more sense to have it the way it is now. That way if there happens to be an APC in the enemy base, then when that is researched, you can't spawn in that APC, you'll have to bring in a new APC.. I dunno, it just makes more sense to me this way.

6. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

its funny
    You bindi it to any thing and spacebar is hand brake.
    But if you bind to space bar it isn't

7. Fryt

Fryt Member

I find a nice bug/exploit:
    You can kill friendly vehicles with stickynades with players inside
    Find a friendly apc with players inside
    Stick it
    Enter apc
    and see what happens next

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  8. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

Major Exploit/Bug:

If u fire HE at NF arty the shells go right though as if there not there. This happen on Cyclopain and was a pain in the ass. This needs to be fixed ASAP :o

9. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

be com in 1st person, you cant see the stick that radar is on D:

10. gezor

gezor Member

cant we make a list with confirmed bugs? its too time-consuming to read through 10 pages everytime, only to see if a bug u encountered has already been reported. it would be useful for the devs too.

11. teh_ham

teh_ham Member

Bugs I know of:
    - The rev bug. To be fair, 99% of the time I can get unstuck by spamming WASD. ONCE I have been unable to become unstuck and I had to suicide.

- Bullet hitboxes (or whatever they are) are still not properly working, shooting an NF guy in the head while he is prone does not register most of the time.

- Sometimes certain players are removed from the commander vote box when new players join the team. That or I can't scroll down in the commander vote box for some reason.

- The crate-sticking insta-kill bug is still there.

- Sometimes explosions aren't shown when mortars/rockets/shells hit an object.

- Some buildings continue to generate smoke even when they have been fully repaired.

12. Kamber

Kamber Member

if you open up the filter selector on the chat box and then leave it open, then type something in chat and hit enter the filter selector will stay open and the mouse cursor will be visible until you open the chat box again. also the filter selections are not saved from map to map.

13. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

Jus played a game of glycen where an APC got half-submerged in the map on the road to the BE base, and any players leaving it spawned under the map. No one would tell me how it got there, and I was too busy slaying and kicking people to get a screenshot.

Also Mayama mentioned it earlier, and I have heard it mentioned in server, but sometimes when you get hit by a gren RPG it seems to do rediculous damage, IE killing your tank in one hit when you have 2 plates of armor on ever side, or knocking you from 3 plates down to flashing red hull. Mayama said it happens when a rocket hits the top of your tank but I cant confirm it and will have to test. Anyone else noticed single RPG doing huge damage, even when its early in game (no upgrades)?

14. o_O

o_O Member

You can damage your own team's vehicle if you are in it. So spawn in an APC, hop in seat 2, sticky it and you can blow the thing up, whether or not your teammates are in it. I almost accidentally killed my teammates APC while trying to see how far I could toss a sticky. I assume rockets and stuff work also but I never tested it.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  15. zachtos

zachtos Member

EMP_CYCLOPEDIAN
    - unable to drop NF refineries as commander in main base at map start. Happens everytime to me, but both times, i was comm on prior map too. Still can not drop refs after reinstall

16. mcc

mcc Member

say_team doesn't display your coordinates
    If you bind "say_team hey comm, pls drop ref+turrets" to a key, the coordinates (A1,A2,..B1,B2...) will not be shown in chat.

17. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

i'm also noticing this, its insane damage JUST LIKE that old 'double damage' bug we had to resolve some versions ago. Vehicles were taking twice the dmg registration when hit on 'top'/turret(s) and ending up being fodder shortly after. I'm convinced (95% confirmed it) this is the same bug that we dealt with long ago. It'll be in Mantis and if we're lucky the same 'fix' will fix it.

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

how did you guys fix it back in the days?

19. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

IIRC, the turret and the vehicle were both taking damage from the same projectile.

20. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

Same problem here, I once was hit by a NF gren missile and I was destroyed, even though I had 6 plates of composite at the front -.-"

And the APC bug is very weird, it has occured to me once on crossroads where I was driving an APC and suddenly I went trough the displacements and was warped below the map.