List 2.2 bugs here!

Discussion in 'Support' started by [lodw]keef, Dec 13, 2008.

1. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Im not 100% sure but sometimes if a mortar shell/rpg hits your apc on the top
    you instantly lose your armor on one side and the hull turns red.
    It happened 3 times now to me.
    Two times with 3 layers of reflective armor and to other one
    with 2 layers of reactive. As said, im not sure if it has something
    to do with the fact that the projectiles hit the apc from above.

2. [PRKL] Werihukka

[PRKL] Werihukka Member

Sometimes rockets go through enemy tanks.

I once thought that 3phase was lacking speed with jeeps, but it seems that it is a bug related to certain maps like duststorm. In duststorm, jeeps constantly jump on the terrain, because it's just so bumpy. The jeep bugs in there and therefore lacks the speed it's supposed to move with. Is this a feature or a bug? I think it's a bug. Haven't tested it in other maps, but I think the problem will be there if the terrain is bumpy as hell.

Also, revive gets people stuck 99.9999% of the time with no way to unstuck but type kill in console, and after that you can't revive. That makes revive useless.

Edit: And building bridges inside them gets you stuck inside the model.

Wish I could remember all the bugs I noticed. Have to play some more and come back later to report.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  3. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

revive bug has been around forever, the person you revive just has to unprone which they normally do anyway to get up and move.

4. [PRKL] Werihukka

[PRKL] Werihukka Member

Yes I know (I've played Empires since the first build), but you can't unstuck by unproning in the new version. Have you even tried revive in it? When you get stuck in the new version, you are stuck until you die, period. And it gets stuck every f*cking time. Not just sometimes, like in the previous version.

5. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

Collision detection seems to have gotten worse, I get stuck in people when they go prone, and revive seems to like sticking people inside walls more then it used to.

6. Awpolt

Awpolt Member

Type emp_unstuck in console.

7. Alceister

Alceister Member

In streetsoffire, I spawned in an APC under the map.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  8. bokan

bokan Member

to those saying the handbrake does not work, I think that the BINDING does not work; it is always bound to spacebar. Correct me if I'm wrong; I may have just overlooked the spacebar for the whole time I've been playing -.-

9. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

I specifically bound mine to spacebar.

Nothing.

10. Inside

Inside Member

Glycencity: You can drive your APC right through the little barrier on the flag.

Commander kick votes: If the commander who is being vote kicked jumps out and someone new jumps in, the number of votes to kick the commander remains at the same number this way the new commander can get kicked in the heat of things and the old guy can jump in, unscathed 0_o

Commander menu: It is hard to select players when there are other buildings around them -- ie: you cannot drag-select over an are and pick up all of the players to give a target to.

11. Caelo

Caelo Member

Well to be short yes :)
    If I yell the shadow is weird you wouldn't even know where to start searching so: yes...

And btw... posting even the most basic info would have taken you as long as writing your absolutely space-wasting and thread polluting post!
    (and yes I'm aware this post is one too)

Also excuse me for not having had time to play empires at all.. (or any other game for that matter)

12. Omneh

Omneh Member

The ironsights on the BE weapons. When I bring them up, I still can't see a thing.

13. RKB53

RKB53 Member

Trickster found those in playtests omnehs version of that map shouldnt have it

14. Foxy

I can't see the line for the NFHR.

I see the circle, and sometimes when the right texture is behind it, I see the pixel thin line.

15. Kamber

Kamber Member

When your in a vehicle you cant use the middle (space) button of the f-menu by using the keyboard. the bind for hand break probobly screws it up.

16. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Shadows can be seen through the walls and displacements. Actually, i can see most lighting effects through normal brushes and displacements.

[​IMG]
    It makes me feel like I have wall hacks >_>.

Also, Buildings go through the ceiling on Streets of Fire, when you build above any under ground tunnels. You can Decon these structures, nade them, etc from underneath..

[​IMG]
    Not that i would abuse that to decon the enemy barracks while they frantically search for wtf is going on.

17. Foxy

Shhh.

I like doing that on glycen, when BE builds a barracks on that one building.

18. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

Shadows going trough brushes and displacements has always been a problem. It happens on crossroads, streets of fire and urbanchaos. Although is seems it only affects brushes.

And walls have always been a problem...

19. Drag

Drag Member

Shadows through brushes, I'd bet this is a source engine problem.

Placeable buildings models through is something thats not going to be fixed and mapper certainly won't triple check their maps to prevent it. Minor graphical glitch with rare effects on gameplay.

20. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Some might be an issue related to map optimization. Because of the way hammer compiles maps, it inefficiently hacks up visleaves due to odd shaped brushes. To combat 24+ hour compile times, a mapper can make a brush 'transparent' to the compile process so that hammer creates more uniform visleaves. However, this may lead to a 'shadow through brush' effect.

Moral of the Story: We put up with minor graphic glitches to improve performance.