Line Of Defense

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 101010, Sep 12, 2014.

1. 101010

101010 Member

http://lodmmo.com/info/
    Where did this game come from and why am I just finding out about it?
    This shit looks amazing. It puts Planetside 2 to shame. A 100% persistent world (no instancing) with seamless space and planetary areas; all with ability to move from planet side, star bases, to stations in the space region above.

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

That is kinda neat. Though I'm pretty sure planetside 2 isn't instanced either.

Curious about weapon balance though. Planetside was nice in the way that the default stuff was viable for most of it. Wondering if they balanced in the way of sidegrades or direct upgrades. Don't know how I feel about how they say it is possible to lose a weapon on death though, but if you can pick up an opponent's weapon or getting a new one doesn't take hours that would be fine to me.

Oh, I really have to wonder how long it takes to get to the fight too. I don't mind it take a couple of minutes or whatever, it can fun flying or driving to the next engagement, but seeing how big the world can be I don't want it to be like arma or something where it takes for ever to find a fight.

3. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I saw those, but they really didn't show much of anything. I'm just judging on the ideas alone. I did see those flight vids on the website. It looks stiff, the esf's from planetside were a lot smoother and seemingly more fun to fly with than what was shown in the lod vids. But several of the little things that were also shown, like the flight around the city and when he walking around some base, give me a bit of hope for something with a bit more substance than Planetside2.

Really, I think it is more a case of how much more it promises than what is usually given with current mmos. It just tends to suffer in some way. Like Planetside has a decent enough shooty part, mostly because it rips it from bf3 and cod, but it put a lot of focus into that so it works well. This game has a lot of ambition in a lot of different category's, so something is gonna suffer. You just have to hope the sum of its parts covers for it's weaknesses.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  5. BigTeef

I will still enroll into the beta, but fuck man...

Everything sounds nice on paper.

6. 101010

101010 Member

This is amazing. What other mmo game even comes close to this ? FPS / Space battles / tanks / aircraft. And to top it all off it isn't made by any of the major developers. This is truly the best indie game I have seen in a long time. To me the game looks amazing. Reminds me of Halo CE.

7. BigTeef

Z1000M get in here.