Limit Required Players for CP to Team Size

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Icely, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Icely

Icely Member

Although most of the time in Empires you have more than enough players to capture a point, there can be cases where there aren't enough players on a team to met the required players for capture. Therefore I am suggesting that the required players for capture points be limited to the size of each team or the team size -1 for maps with a commander.

As an example consider a point that required 12 NF and 8 BE to capture. In a game with 10 NF and 11 BE players this point would require 9 NF and 8 BE to capture. (The NF requirement is dropped down to the size of the NF team minus the commander, while the BE requirement is unchanged as BE has more than enough players).

The primary benefit I see from this is it would allow mappers to increase the required players for points without fearing that their maps may become unplayable in smaller games.

A derivative idea therefore might be to allow the player requirements to be set as a percentage of the team size. However, I find players tend to be distributed more evenly in larger games so I think to do a percentage based requirement properly a minimum requirement would be needed as well as a percentage value. The game would use whichever of the two is greater, caped at the size of the team. This seams a little too complicated to me, but as it is behind the scenes that might not be a problem.

2. Empty

Empty Member

I'd just like to say dynamic CP numbers might not work on all maps so this should have toggling enabled.

3. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

MOAR CP?! Empires can always use more.

4. TheAmethystDuke

TheAmethystDuke Member

Dynamic CP, Yum yum

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

sick bastards...

black hole, delete or ban plz

6. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

The more "players" the better! More players for CP is always neat.

7. Empty

Empty Member

/sigh

Fucking message too short. NAZI FORUM