LF nerds for D&D 5th edition

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by D.D.D. Destroyer, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

I don't really see what your point is there. I watched that for quite a while, too. And those guys use maps as well.

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

They have a map for the whole world and only some fights feature maps, usually the huge ones with a lot of things to track. If I orchestrate such a fight, I'll prepare something too, with or without the features behind the paywall.

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

4. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

Fine by me. Just telling you, you can easily set up a campaign with 2+ GM and everyone gets to use the tools the founding GM has available.

5. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

I'm in, don't expect too much of me though, total newb. :skull:

6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

With so many people wanting in I wonder if it would be better to do some 2 party stuff, with the 2 gms having their party of misfits adventurers working towards the same goal, like a race of sorts, or against each other. Those things always sound fun. Though that's really complicated probably.

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

That's actually a pretty awesome idea, you know. Of course, you'd have to find a second GM. And that won't be me, because lol if I'm going to keep gm'ing >.<

9. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

Holy shit, where did Itme's beard suddenly come from?! <.<

But yeah that getting a bit too many people for just one group.

10. D.D.D. Destroyer

You guys, keep in mind there are scheduling issues! Not everyone will be able to play all the time, and as such we'll end up with less people. This should make it manageable playercount-wise. I mean, there aren't that many declared people, really.

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

I N T R O B O Y S

The world of Radreha has been steadily recovering from the undead Blight that happened upon it twenty years ago. Fields were once again tended to, ruined cities reclaimed from final remnants of the huge army of the dead, and the dreadful memories faded as each winter came and went. The effects of it will still be felt for a very long time among the people of the Stalvar Kingdom, the lands of which, being home to the Skeletal Throne, saw the most, and worst, of the fighting. Despite King Gorgonz's efforts to bring back the heavily tarnished glory, it will still take many years for the kingdom to come back from what was brought upon it.

The grand scheme of things may have been influenced, and quite severely too, but smaller communities on the far ends of the country didn't suffer from the Blight nearly as much as those close to Titan's Crest. Life went on, keeping its usual pace, only briefly interrupted by the call to arms, which took most able-bodied men to King Gorgonz's army when the undead threat was identified as dire. Most of them came back safely, with many a story to tell of the bravery of the King and his men, the ferocity of the Northern Tribes, the terrifying orc warcries, the power of the Cathedral's clerics, and, of course, the terrors every one of them had to face.

Only a few seemed to have remembered about the people that deserved to be called heroes among normal men, and if they mentioned them, it was with but a few words hidden among tales of battle. Thus, the names of those directly responsible for the fall of the Lich King have vanished, just like snow after even the coldest winter. Perhaps back in the Capital, where the King and the aristocrats resided, someone could still tell the tale as it was supposed to be told.

Out here, in the town of Chezal, the few veterans that were still around wouldn't even tell a word about them. It had its own set of problems - now, during the Blight and even before it. Bandits still plagued the grasslands, monsters still prowled the forests, and diseases still took people despite the local clergy's best efforts. An undead army far away was only met with passing interest as yet another hut was being set ablaze by ruthless brigands while news of another hunter having died to a rabid bear arrived.

No wonder the Blight didn't live in hearts and minds around here.

Despite all its problems, the lands were among the most fertile in the kingdom, the wood from the dense forests always top-quality, and the few mines in the area provided iron, coal, silver and more. This ensured a steady flow of newcomers, not only the hard-working kind, but also various mercenaries and adventurers seeking to make easy coin in the far reaches of Stalvar Kingdom.

12. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

"Capital"

Do the heroes all meet in a "Tavern"?

13. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

gayyyyyyy

14. Trainzack

Trainzack Member

I am perfectly okay with this backstory.

Do you mean to imply that D.D.D.'s stunning tale might wish to engage in sexual intercourse with other stories of the same gender? Because I might not so hastily assume such things.

15. BigTeef

I would be disappointed if that DIDENT happen.

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

Laugh all you want, but the cities in my prototype from a few years ago were:
    Capital
    Northern City
    Eastern City (in the West too)
    Western City (in the East)
    Southern City

I'm proud to say I have evolved past that point, but I didn't get the name for the capital established. Mostly because my story was focused on the Blight itself. I have the area around it mapped out much better than the Capital.

Tavern's called "The White Hare".

17. BigTeef

Are there any girls there?
    http://youtu.be/-leYc4oC83E?t=2m23s

18. D.D.D. Destroyer

19. BigTeef

Roll the dice to see if I am meeting any girls.

20. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Matrix references are only a bit less lame than LoTR ones. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.