LF any and all nerds for Wurm Unlimited Adventure mode

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by D.D.D. Destroyer, Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Oh I was looking at black bears, yeah bear cavalry it is.

2. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Since there's a straw poll going around and I'm not entirely sure what I'm voting for there, I went out of my way and scouted some areas,
    [​IMG]
    About the original suggestion 1: I would suggest filling in the lake, or building around it if you cba, you'll have enought dirt since it's sloped I won't do the digging anyway so I won't complain (at least once I'm priested up), though it's covered in cherry trees so idk, doesn't look too decent to me, if we went a tiny bit further east it would be a bit more flat however we would need to build 1 tower.
    2. Far out of MR reach sadly, would need like 3 towers or so, I dunno, looked at it, it looks very nice for hunting and lumber, else "meh" comes to mind
    3. Looks perfect, it's like someone already flattened the area, the X marks the last tower though, so we would need 1 to 2 towers, I found vg iron to the small mountain on the same isle, so if it's not random, we'll be covered, we can get a canal towards hearth very easily, about 10 tiles or so we would have to dig down, though a bit remote, tbh, so idk, we can move there later perhabs once we are capable of building a tower or 2?
    4. Is relatively flat, has sea access, mountain to the west and east, however covers a lot of land in order to have a on deed mine so we won't have much hunting grounds left, should be fine though, we can always expand to east.
    So if you want a vote I would suggest between 1 and 4 until we have some masonry going...

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I agree with your assessment, out of your picks 1 and 4 come into consideration. 2 and 3 are a little too far from proper slopes and I fear there would be no easy mine access.

That being said, all your spots are really wide open. Not that I mind in particular, but do you think we would be fine in a tighter area or that we absolutely need the space?

4. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

Just point me where to dig and chop or mine. I am getting pretty good at this surface mining stuff.:)

5. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

3 has easy mine access, should be enough for iron, for everything else a short landbridge gives access to a giant mountain,
    All my spots are flat, not mainly covered by trees, have sea access, I don't know what we "need", I only know what I want, thus you should make a poll, I for one don't like being fenced in 2*3 houses next to each other with 1 tile in between, ... I had plenty of that in wurm already, and I enjoy it not one bit.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  6. D.D.D. Destroyer

Cool, I think we don't need to have more possible locations, those seem pretty good already. I'll put up another poll in the coming days.

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

Okay, we are starting in about fifteen hours from this post. Time to put down the final few details before we head out.

First off, you can join us at any point after we start. If you're unsure whether you're gonna like the game or are waiting for a deal or whatever, there's absolutely no problem with showing up days or even weeks later. Just drop me a message since the server is going to be passworded.

Now, look at the map:
    [​IMG]

The internal vote has decided that we'll be settling the area marked as 1. It's a bit rich geographically, but more on that later.

The server should be running a little ahead of time. That being said, don't join it unless you're starting at a random spot. Everyone present on the hour will get to start on their own with the task of getting to the rest of us. If you wanted to start randomly but can't make it to the start, you're sadly out of luck, but it's okay - stopping at the village is going to get you better prepared for what lies beyond.

Once all the adventurous types are in, the server will quickly shut down, we'll swap the spawning method back to predefined locations, and start it up again. Everyone will joins then. Random spawners set out on their way, the predefined people make their characters, organise themselves and set out too. We all meet up at the spot, make a campfire, and send people to take care of a few tasks.

• Flattening ground. We will need to get a small area ready for the first few structures. This shouldn't take too long, but the next task of preparing the mine shaft will take a little longer. Roads should also be charted out, but that's a simple thing.
    • Gathering wood. We should probably get a solid amount of planks and shafts rather quickly. Ideally around 300 planks and a suitable amount of shafts to let us build a modest building and 2-3 small carts for transport. I was reminded that that forest is all fruit trees which means little wood. We'll need to travel out a bit to get decent trees. I guess we'll be camping in the wilds for a bit!
    • Foraging/botanizing. Healing covers may not be as important if we have spirit guards covering us, but the sooner we start farming the better.
    • Mining. We have to find an iron vein nearby. The sooner we do, the better. Ideally, this should take 2 hours at the absolute worst.

These will probably take up the first 3-4 hours of playing. Only once we're done with the basics will we get to branch out into our desired vocations. We will steadily build up our village from that point. Ideally, we'll have our own altar done on Sunday, and chain armor sets for half the population.

If all goes well, we'll start thinking about conch challenges on the 23rd. I'm not too sure about time constraints during Christmas, but we should be able to gather enough folks for those during the period. What comes after that, we'll have to see, but hopes are high.

tl;dr don't be late tomorrow

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  8. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I choose YouzY's job.

9. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I'm doing everything because I hope to spawn half way across the world and need to build a boat to get anywhere. Or maybe just raise taming so I can ride crocodile, croc boat hoooooo!!!

10. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

Curious if we are going to pool our tools early on till we find iron. Saws for the plank maker, etc. Seems like that first saw gets damage pretty quick when making just one 3x3 house.
    [​IMG]

11. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

what time do we start EST? and what ts ip port password etc?

12. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

great house! doc

13. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Ill chop the area clean in between trips to and from the hearth altar and serious foraging/botanizing buisness, idk how fast we can get a fishing rod going so occasional feelings of starvation might occur, no worries, someone might have to help start a campfire though, I've a bad history with starting campfires in wurm, like 11-15 fails in succession at 80% chance bad, right of the bat, in the tutorial, ... ;)

DocRabbit likes this.
  14. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

I'm thinking find willow trees, really seem to make good fishing rods. Also, are we going to do 3 levels of bulk storage, lo,med,hi qualities?

15. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

Xellos said we would probably use Epic TS, epic-empires.co.uk

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

Yeah we probably will get multiple storage bins once we have the need. There's little reason not to use them for most recources.

We are using EPIC's TeamSpeak @ ts3.epic-empires.co.uk. Join up when you're good to go or interested in our banter.

I'm also setting up a stream, but no promises here.

Everyone is too busy to post, so here we go a double-post.

We're settling in just fine. All the basics are covered - food, water, safety, even beds. We're slowly building structures and will probably look into more serious projects over the next week.

Our place still looks like murderhobo central though.

The holiday sale starts tomorrow and the game should go at least 10% cheaper, if you're still waiting to grab it.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  17. D.D.D. Destroyer

The steam holiday sale has started. Wurm Unlimited is 10% off, at 25 EUR. Now is the last chance to join us and not be horribly behind. You can sitll join later, but the next sale is weeks away.

vipervicki likes this.
  18. D.D.D. Destroyer

Locked as per OP's request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.