LF any and all nerds for Wurm Unlimited Adventure mode

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by D.D.D. Destroyer, Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Uhhh, no I didn't? When I went looking, surface prospecting got me nothing either.

2. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Well, what you wrote is kinda ambiguous, I hope you gave yourself some prospecting skill by earning or cheating, because it's like a pendulum with a lurker enchantment, power/skill=Chance to succeed, though epic skill curve helps ofc, idk I first found tin, then twice nothing, than iron, then I founded a settlement and made it like 150 tiles big in all direction, such insanity for free, :3 ...

3. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

we will just send the old bore after Metruption.. he wont have a chance >:)

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

The wiki does not agree with your statement, and same goes for my experience. Perhaps you were thinking of analysing?

5. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Maybe I confused something, anyway, ultimativly, your lack of success finding ore might still be based on your skill, be it as it may, ingame or out of game. :grinimp:

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

For those that need visualisation (me), here's a map with the location marked (pink arrow). I have also marked a good few suggestions of mine (yellow arrows). Tell me which one you think is best, worst, suggest your own, give us your musings on advantages and disadvantages of the areas, so on.

[​IMG]

7. James

James Overly Annoying Retard

Can I be as far away from everyone as possible? I like to be alone, I'm always alone, nobody loves me! ;(

8. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

I thought of the isle to the NE of your pink arrow first, super flat but prolly not good for mining though, and the huge flat area to the middle of north is prolly out of MR territorial reach so theres that, we would need a tower there first, maybe even 2 since it's a bit far out, but we could have a gianormous deed and still be able to hunt efficiently.
    though I really wonder about your reasoning for thoose mining locations, thats like super far out ... is that where you found iron? Also are iron spots not randomized for each server? I've no clue but this looks a bit far out tbh, especially since cart access is really valuable and iron is usually common ... ?!

If we go with that pink arrow location, IMO move that arrow more to the middle of the valley and increase the Village size there's noone holding us back to build a bit more spacious, if you cram us against a wall, a lake and a sea we'll just cram everything together for no good reason, it won't be a problem at first but once you start up farming and hoarding animals ... i mean breeding ... it will be too late.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  9. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

LOL James, I don't know enough about the game to have an opinion yet. I have learned some things and raised my skill points in some areas, but I have a long way to go in many areas.

10. D.D.D. Destroyer

This is really a society oriented Game, soloing will take a looong time since you have to care for every little bit yourself..

@Kane see that is why I need other people's opinions, I like the small and compact designs so we'd wind up going with a size 15~ deed if it was just up to me. That island is indeed quite far. Chances are even the arrow spots are outside MR influence. We would need to check while on the way there, unless someone already had a look around the place. It is worth mentioning that we don't need a deed right from the start. Of course, the benefits of guards and no decay on structures are nice, but we should be able to deal with any mobs and decay won't be an issue at the start.

We can also get multiple deeds for various purposes. I'm not sure how easily set the permissions are going to be.

That valley looks good for a huge deed though. Trees are a little far, but a pair of carts should fix that problem for us.

11. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Oh no worries, your arrows are easily covered by MR influence, like I pointed out earlier, there are towers almost everywhere, beside the middle part of the map, Incidently that valley you suggested is the place I put my 300 to 300 deed on my test server, and you can always put the guards on "dont attack hostiles". So all in all it just comes down to spawning rates of animals, theft prevention and !decay!
    You can probably put a 500 by 500 deed there, i had to make it 300 to 300 because I put it next to the mountain thats boardering Hearth and it didnt let me expand anymore.

12. D.D.D. Destroyer

As much as I realize I would rather have a tiny village, 90000 tiles worth of settlement is way beyond overkill.

13. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I just want a boat. Actually can you set up things like a forge or crafting table on a boat? For some reason this feels like a possibility in ultima online, but boats were pretty much mobile houses there though much easier to steal from.

Anyways I claim the seas, alllllllllllllll mine.

14. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

You are not as open minded as me, think of the possibilities! A 200 tiles long mine and your shards are still not decaying! Or logs for that matter...and once you build a road it's not like you have to walk hour to get outside. Though I don't care either way, just get off my lawn please. I need space for my messy lifestyle. :grinimp:
    (It would be overkill if you had to pay moneyz for it, sure, but we already payed a lot, sooo enjoy the freedom perhabs?)
    Sadly no, they are swimming carts, which itself are driving chests you can sit on.
    Though if you really want to you can dig a furnace below water and forge there, (I'm not sure if that is still possible)

Stealing from boats is way harder in wurm than from a house as long as both are offdeed anyway

15. D.D.D. Destroyer

Oh boy, what's that mean? ^^

16. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Praying, cutting wood, building uneven roads, playing yoyo and cooking I suppose since it really works well with soul stats.

You know how much space meals take up? I'm glad we have waste bins now ...

17. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

"praying"??

18. D.D.D. Destroyer

19. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

ADVENTURE HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I shall also be spending ass loads of time taming, I want bear cavalry. What do you mean I can't ride a bear? Oh, but I can ride crocodiles, I'll take that living boat. Army of bears sounds cool at least.

20. D.D.D. Destroyer

You can ride a bear. You even have enough body control from the get-go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.