LF any and all nerds for Wurm Unlimited Adventure mode

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by D.D.D. Destroyer, Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metruption

Metruption Member

I'm going to play secretly without anyone knowing, master the game mechanics and then manage to destroy your village while everyone is sleeping. I'll even use a second steam account to do it >:)

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

This is wurm, not haven and hearth. I still don't know why people think no skill caps is a good idea. Coulda been so good, but no they had to be dumb about it all. At least there's actual adventure here.

That was a random rant that's off topic, I'm sorry. I'm just bitter about it is all.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

We can take very easy countermeasures against malformants ;)

4. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Y0u never ever played on wild, writing such things ... the griefing potential of wurm is nearly endless ...

OFC there's gm hax, though that's just playing by your own rules and standarts, and not by what's a pvp sandbox game really is about ...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  5. D.D.D. Destroyer

I am aware of what can be done. We'll manage, don't worry.

6. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Yeah, somehow I doubt that ... signs are annoying, yet nowhere as bad as it can get...

>Nice boat boat you got there, FENCED!
    >You secured your deed with a mine entrance? Bashed, shakered and REINFORCED!
    >You just make a new entrance? All tiles MINED DOWN and the others FENCED so you cannot!
    >You didn't? CATAPULTED! Enjoy your SIGNS!
    >You like fancy roads? Just wait till they have even fancier 270 steep SPIKES you cannot dig down yet again due to skill difference!
    >But actually all you care about is your rare breed of horses? Well ... I don't even need to tell you how that will end ... but I do it anyway because HORSE ZOMBIES are such nice companions!
    >You ever wondered if you could desecrate a 90ql ALTAR of Libila in proximity to your fancy MR deed? Wonder no more, as you simply CANNOT! PEASANT!
    >You still feel bound to the nice landscape in your region and don't care about your posessions, your mines, your deed or your faith bonus? Wait till im done SANDING IT UP for ya!
    >You thought of transporting all thoose dirt piles you digged up during one entire day to your deed the next day? Try again, I think I DROPPED something!

True story, and i didn't even start on things you can do with more than one person ... though you might need a second person against the tgs at times, there's always a way to grief to great effect and all without gm hax.

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

The most severe of those problems involve weeks/months of skill differentials and/or paying large amounts of in-game money. I don't think these will be high on the priority list. Besides, while those are potential threats, do you expect someone to actually go and do those? :)

8. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

yes...

9. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Me- ... uhh ... Metruption maybe? :whistle::unsure:

10. D.D.D. Destroyer

Duly noted, we'll see how things develop. At worst, we'll just achieve nothing :P

11. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

My comment about haven and hearth has a bit more oomph to it due mostly because you could do similar things but also because outright killing a player is permanent, there was no coming back to life in haven. It was also possible to summon logged off characters to kill them, but they had to commit a crime first, but I think there was ways to almost force someone to commit a crime.

Any ways, seeing all the islands on the map makes me want to go sailing, definitely sailing. Row boat is mega slow.

12. D.D.D. Destroyer

Getting a knarr is on the tasks list, somewhere between finding iron and doing conch challenges.

13. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

First of all gl getting the cotton together, than we can talk sail boats, till then hf rowing, I know what you think, sailboats are only a tiny bit harder to make than rowboats, yes but no, finding, planting and replanting cotton in the beginning is the first obstacle to get yourself in the wind. Speaking of which, now I want to sail for real ... :/

14. D.D.D. Destroyer

My experience with finding cotton was actually surprisingly good. I got it quite reliably after a 15-20 tiles. And since growth time is a fraction of Online's, it shouldn't take too long to get enough for a sail. Fingers crossed.

I'm more worried about metal veins, I haven't seen a single one in Unlimited so far.

15. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

You didnt? You were actually looking for one already? Wait, what? Don't cheat! D:

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

17. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Actually went ingame, prospected 4 tiles and already found good ql iron ore so idk..., may I join doc's server? Also note that you want high prospecting skillz or you wont find iron if you litterally mine iron ingots.

18. D.D.D. Destroyer

19. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Thats some pretty dumb use of the word prospect by the game then lol.

20. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Oh you tried prospecting inside a cave? Well ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.