Lets Play: X-Com

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Am I ever going to do ANYTHING?

2. Empty

Empty Member

You were basically a foot soldier for the terror mission because I forgot to issue the scouts good kit.

I'll have to start capturing aliens shortly, I'll give yall some stun rods.

Especially recruits.

3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

when do I getta use anti tank shit.

4. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

when theirs a (INSERT POWERFUL ENEMY NAME HERE) you get to use anti-tank shells, but the enemy Im talking about it resistant to them as Empty will learn, infact all the weapons we currently have are useless against that specific foe (if someone posts a link to it fuck you empty needs to find out through play) but Empty should of made Laser tanks and more laser rifles thats all Im gonna say.

5. Empty

Empty Member

I'm planning to start issueing probably 50% of the team with rifles of laser or plasma kind, 30% heavy plasma and the final 20% building clearing heavy weapons.

6. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Avoid plasma weapons, later on alot of aliens have resistences to it, and you need the Elerium to make more important things, use lasers anyways, no aliens are resistant to it at all.

Detailed information of what we need http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Tank/Laser_Cannon

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  7. Empty

Empty Member

Resistance means shit when it does 2x damage of a laser rifle.

8. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

hohoh, You haven't experienced how big a difference resistance makes especially on "this" alien here. Besides always having one tank isnt going to hurt anyone, since its got great stats to start off anyways.

9. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

10. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

The rocket tank has to little ammunition to be used that effectivly late game, the fusionball tank is another story, but I cant wait till empty gets to fight them :D. Late game the hand held blaster bomb will do as much damage as rocket tank if not more, it is also good for terrain destruction.

Laser tanks can be retrieved now because we went far enough into the laser research tree to get rifles, Empty its like an emp_recruit with a heavy. just think of it like that.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  11. Kamber

Kamber Member

what is "late game" in terms of game time? 1 year? 2?

My vote (if there is one) goes to laser weapons.They are cheap, effective and have low maintenance costs.

I'm on my first run through of the game and i have found that running a squad with laser rifles and a couple heavy cannons/ heavy lasers is great. I am currently trying to capture a big UFO (whatever size the 3 story tall one with a central elevator/lift is). I can just post sentries at the exit and mow down the hoards of aliens that try to exit without having to worry about ammo. Then slowly make my way in to clear it :D

12. Empty

Empty Member

Sorry for lack of updates, the weekend ended so I didn't get a chance to play much.

I never got a chance to put the second base up, I'll get onto that ASAP.

East EU won, so the base is going up :D

13. Empty

Empty Member

List Update :o

1. Vessboy, Scout, Firearms
    2. Aeoneth, Engi, Firearms
    3. Korpisoturi, Rifleman, Firearms
    4. Mahtipakarat, Rifleman, Firearms
    5. Kamber, Gren, Strength
    6. Mash, Rifleman, Reaction
    7. Mageknight, Engineer, Health
    8. Blizzerd, Rifle, Reaction

The Team:
    Foxy - Rifle - Sergeant
    Vulkanis - Scout - Squaddie
    Varbles - Gren - Captain
    Gigabacon - Rifle - Squaddie
    Jekotia - Scout - Squaddie
    Grantrithot - Gren - Rookie
    Z10000000M - Gren - Rookie

14. Empty

Empty Member

The new base was put up...
    [​IMG]
    XCom, Suggestions Forum Squad ASSEMBLE!
    Once this base gets up and running, we'll have two seperate squads!
    We found out many things...
    [​IMG]
    We've never seen one of these boys in the field, and we've got no fuckin' clue what the sectoid engineer meant by "floaters"

We'll keep an eye out in future for these ugly buggers.

[​IMG]
    Research on this went well, we're issuing one or two to the scouts in a squad to find out about which aliens we want alive.

We also found out some more about where the aliens are from.
    [​IMG]
    Intriguing.

We also got a terror mission in india, the men are shipping out now.
    [​IMG]

15. Empty

Empty Member

The men poured out of the dropship into the pitch black night, movement was spotted from some nearby trees and a clearing between two buildings.
    Two unknown targets were shot, and presumed dead. Judging by the screams, they weren't human.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Foxy got a brilliant shot off at one of them, straight through two windows and into whatever the thing was on the other side. He mentioned it looked orange.

Something else moved in the pitch darkness. Unlike the other, quieter beings, these things could be heard running and chittering around. The men didn't quite know what to make of it, but they fired a few pot shots off and killed something black in color in a darkened area of the town.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The new, previously unknown species made the men much more cautious, these weren't the familiar sectoids, they were terrifying new aliens, armed with plasma weapons, and much larger than Xcom operatives, still no close up views were made of the enemy forces.

The men travelled carefully down the main street, guns at the ready.
    [​IMG]

Further movement was spotted, a newly researched alien grenade was tossed, destroying a small section of town, but no kills were confirmed.
    The aliens sent one of their own grenades at a poor recruit. He was slain instantly.
    [​IMG]

Many more foes were found and dispatched, the foes were eventually revealed by flares, the men nicknamed the orange ones "Snakemen" due to their appearance.

The black chitinous foes remained in force, they didn't seem to be seen with weapons, and their movement was erratic and hard to follow. Eventually they were cornered and destroyed with the main snakemen, trapped in a small residential building.
    [​IMG]

As the men swept the area for any further life, they stumbled upon a dazed civilian, attempts to calm him down were futile, he didn't speak and was violent towards Xcom operatives. He was put down after he seriously injured a recruit, and one of the black aliens burst forth from his body, before he even hit the ground.

The men recoiled in horror and fired as much ordinance at the creature as they could.
    Afterwards, they continued to meticulously track down every black alien body and civilian corpse, and put a plasma bolt in each chest before the cleanup crews arrived.

Only two men were killed, both by plasma shots, Varbles was one of them.
    He was an inspiration to his men, and will be missed.

Xcom was shocked by their discoveries, and the autopsy of the black aliens is underway.

We did amazingly for a Chrysallid terror mission, we lost only 2 men, nobody on our side was zombified, and we methodically kicked every one of those motherfuckers back to the stone age. Nice work team.

I'm not actually sure how Varbles died, one Xcom turn it simply said "Varbles has died from a fatal wound", he hadn't even been shot before then.

16. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

floaters are like, floating orange/red aliens with metal round undersides and plasma rifles

17. Empty

Empty Member

It was in character, I know all the aliens, I did some wikiing.

18. Cloud

Cloud Member

Figured i'd post for the heck of it.
    Name: Cloud
    Class: Scout
    Main stat: Time units

Mainly a recon scout, only give me small pew-pews and no armour for lulz.

19. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i was also in character, the aliens talk to me in my sleep

20. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

We could give you armour made by Thor himself, and you'd still die first.