Lets Play: X-Com

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

You've got me watching lets plays of it empty, damn you!

2. Empty

Empty Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The commander eyed up his line of recruits.
    "I don't foresee many of you maggot greens surviving more than two missions, so I don't even wanna know your names. From this point onwards, you will simply be known as the Emp Recruits. A few of you have had previous experience, look up to them, they're a lot more fuckin brave than the rest of you chicken shit soldiers. Their names are Blizzerd, Varbles, and Foxy, Grenadier, Grenadier, and Rifleman, respectively. If you somehow survive long enough, I may promote you pussies to Soldier, because at the moment you all look like fuckin' schoolgirls. I want you boys kitted up and ready to move at the first sign of incursion.

Welcome to X-Com. We're not top secret, it's just nobody lives long enough to quit."

The men saluted as the commander left the barracks.

3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

im a decent average, thanks empty

also, when people are dying like flies, its best to retreat asap

first few missions youd want to kill a few aliens, pick up there goods extract the hell out of that place and start researching them

floaters always carry nice stuff

4. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Ok I'll be scout sniper.
    Rifle-Heavy plazma
    I stay back or climb high and snipe(aimed shot).
    one grenade (for suicide)

Kill me if I get mind controled.

5. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

With pleasure, but one thing is that sniper rifles are just as useless here as they are in empires, Blaster bombs are what you want, well you dont want them used against you but when you get to use them you rack up kills so fucking fast its ridiculos, its like homing mortar that turns on dimes and will one shot everything and have the explosion radius of HE arty.

6. Aeoneth

Aeoneth Member

Shit did I miss signups?

If not,
    Name: Aeon
    Class: Engi
    Preferred Main Skill: Firearms

7. Empty

Empty Member

The alerts blazed, the first UFO had been spotted.
    A medium craft, it's contents unknown.
    It had touched down in Tasmania, the BHS geared up and ran to the dropship.
    [​IMG]

The ship touched down in pitch black. All was quiet.
    The lack of electro-flares was immediately noticed.
    The recruits headed forth into the dark night.

[​IMG]
    Through the darkness they saw a silver shape, landed amongst the fields.
    [​IMG]
    The recruits slowly entered the ship. There were no visible signs of life. They swung their rifles around dramatically, a few recruits cracked jokes about it being a hoax.
    The veterans sat at the back of the squad, their eyes grim and their mouths shut.

The crew split up, half went left, the other half right.
    The left squadron saw their first alien, a recruit went into shock, and even at point blank range he missed all six shots. The alien returned fire, 3 plasma shots landed, searing his flesh to a crisp, he hobbled back to the entrance of the saucer, while his teammates ran in and gunned down his assailant.

On the right hand side, the three veterans stepped forward, they were familiar with this form of craft, the control room was directly ahead, they moved in, guns blazing. Aliens hit the deck and returned fire, a recruit was shot and killed by alien fire.
    [​IMG]

The wounded recruit remained at the front of the ship, while Foxy, Jesus and a recruit secured the left hand side. The force on the right of the ship lost a second recruit, and gunned down an opposing alien.
    [​IMG]
    Jesus stepped through the door to find a small grey man looking at him. He opened fire, slaying it instantly.
    [​IMG]
    A recruit stepped forth, foolishly into the control room of the ship. He gunned down an alien, but his gun jammed before he could shoot the second. Luckily for him, Blizzerd used the distraction to land an autocannon round in the surviving aliens head.
    [​IMG]

The men continued, and fired upon another alien in the power source of the craft. After some searching, the site was deemed empty, the space ship was moved into containment, an alien was found, but due to lack of life support at BHS HQ, died. Two recruits died at the hands of aliens, but the wounded recruit was Evac'd and survived his ordeal.
    [​IMG]
    He was promoted to sergeant for his bravery in the field.
    If not his accuracy.
    [​IMG]

Four more recruits are on the way, and we're making laser pistols as fast as possible.

8. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

okay cool, but I swore I heard that you were going to get a registry key to fraps and use that as well, not that I dont appreciate the screenies.

Also, Laser rifles can be used to make us alot of cash it is normal to see a decent X:com commander make them in packs of 100 to sell or use because of how cheap and quick they are to manufacture, the Heavy laser varient is not a assualt weapon but actually more of a sniper like weapon with no auto fire and infinite ammunition, but it also leads to the LASER CANNON RESEARCH

Basically the laser cannon research means you can produce laser tanks, Laser tanks are cheap & quick to produce, and generally having atleast one in every mission is good so as you have a means to scout more efficently and it is far cheaper to maintain then its plasma and Fusion bomb varients because it gets a free recharge of ammunition when its returned home where as the other varients either need their ammuntion constructed or run on a "fuel" that is hard to get your hands on in the first place. Also laser tanks cost 300,000$ less then the next competetor(plasma), and it does the same amount of damage.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  9. Empty

Empty Member

Still working on a recording program.
    Fraps has some special registry stuff and I don't want to spend ages pirating it, plus warez aren't allowed to be discussed here.

Another attack was spotted, a terror attack in india.
    Due to injuries and casualties from mission one, and no raw recruits being available yet, only four men were available. The mission seemed impossible, and X-Com was forced to leave the attack uninterrupted.

The new recruits rolled in, some seemed useful.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One was a useless recruit however, he was fired after his first few training drills.

[​IMG]
    Another UFO was spotted, and intercepted. It escaped assault however, and landed safely.
    X-Com Operatives arrived shortly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kane, armed with his dual laser pistols searched several buildings.
    [​IMG]

Several buildings were cleared of a total of 5 Sectoids, before the assault on the ship began.
    [​IMG]

After some light combat, the ship was attained, however in the final standoff, a stray plasma bolt shot a hole straight through a wall, and a second shot followed it, instantly killing Kane, our newest recruit, while a veteran of the first mission was gunned down.

[​IMG]

Blizzerd and our Sergeant from mission one should be back into the fight by the next UFO sighting.
    New recruits have been requisitioned to replace our lost men. We will never forget Kane, he had two laser pistols, and he didn't afraid of anything.

10. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Also one last bit about laser weapons, the fact that NO aliens in the game have a resistance to them and have infinite ammuntion makes them signifigently better for cannon fodder guys to use.

11. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

KANE NOOO!!! D;

(caps)

ALSO EDIT, fuck dual laser pistols make me long range laser rifle support or heavy long range laser support because any recruit with around 60 aiming accuracy and up will transform this pile of shit into a epic long range support weapon.

12. Korpi

Korpi Member

Posted this in the other XCOM-thread:

Put me in as the foremost cannonfodder guy and (obviously) play with the hardest difficulty. Last time I played the original XCOM, named a character as myself and made him rush all the time, he surprisingly didn't die and instead survived all the way to the rank of commander. Just choose a guy with decent stats and give him big guns.

So...

Name: Korpisoturi
    Class: rambo rifleman
    Preferred skill: shooting accuracy

13. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

X-com has this hilarious glitch of all difficulty settings are set to easyest. yet many never beat the game...

14. Mahtipakarat

Mahtipakarat Member

Oh this is the sign up thread... Still room for me :-)? Demote one of your cannon fodder emp_recruits to.

Name: Mahtipakarat
    Class: drunk
    Preferred equipment: Stun rod only.

15. Empty

Empty Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New recruits have arrived, and after a month of recouperation, Blizzerd is back into the fray, and our man who took 3 plasma bolts has been nicknamed "Sarge".

16. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Does Sarge even have a class or is he still cannon fodder with a different designation

17. Empty

Empty Member

He's just cannon fodder I'm slightly fond of.
    Sadly he died on a mission we just ran now, along with 3 other emp_recruits.
    We didn't recover a whole lot, though Varbles is now our sergeant. (Highest rank so far! :D)

Currently researching Heavy Plasma, so we can start using some of the heavy plasmas we've looted.
    I'm also selling laser pistols like mad to make some cash.

India and Russia (?) are pissed, I didn't stop a terror attack in india a while back, so I hope I can make it up to them.

I'm ordering 4 new soldiers.
    RIP Sarge.

18. Foxy

*last post*

19. Empty

Empty Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    New recruit, and we can use heavy plasma!

All riflemen are now equipped with a heavy plasma.

We're heading out to a terror attack on Melbourne.
    Let's do this!

20. Foxy

Empty is defending his home town.

Dawww.