Lets play Battlefield

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lazybum, Mar 23, 2016.

?

Which Battlefield you want to play?

1. Battlefield 4

18.2%
  2. Battlefield 3

27.3%
  3. Battlefield 2(This is free)

63.6%
  4. Battlefield 1942(This is free)

36.4%
  5. I don't like Battlefield because I'm no fun.

9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Hey, Let's play battlefield. Got a convenient poll up there, pick whatever game you have and/or want to play. I'll note that we'll probably be sticking to the default game servers, meaning ones playing the stock maps, because it might be hard to play when some people have expansions and others don't. Though list them if you have them, if we all got them sure why not play?

Battlefield 2 is free to play, go here to get the game and connect to servers. http://battlelog.co/
    I think the expansions are part of that, not 100% sure but special forces was pretty awesome.

Battlefield 1942 is also free, but you get it on origin and you have to do a bit of workaround to play on servers.

I'll say we'll do it on Saturday April 9th, Somewhere between 4-8 pm Uk time. Mention a time you'd like to play too to narrow that down a bit.

Before anyone asks why not any of the other games, well maybe next time, I want to keep this one simple to the mainline games.

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

you forgot BFBC2 - the least battlefield battlefield under all the battlefields up there, yet in retrospective it was nice to throw around those motion sensors as scunt with autoshotgun:3

3. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

BF2 and BF Viet Nam were my favorites

4. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Actually now the least battlefield battlefield is battlefield hardline.

I have good memories of playing BF2 AIX, wouldn't mind doing that again, that had tons and tons of goodies and vehicles.

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

isnt bf3 free aswell?

edit:
    ah no, it was a limited time offer.

edit2:
    i also miss bf2142

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  6. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

If I had to pick, it would be BF1942, but only the Empires map(s). Just for nostalgia.

7. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I wouldn't mind playing some battlefield. I enjoyed both 1942 and 2 and I own 3 but never actually played it. Also why does everyone always forget about 2142? Though I haven't played that either even though I bought it like ten years ago.

8. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

LOL Pred I am like you have have so many BF games that I never even opened. I only played BF2 which I really liked and Viet Nam

9. Ranger

Ranger Member

Vicki there's a new Vietnam game on the way. Rising Storm 2 Vietnam or something. It's Tripwire's new game in development whatsoever

10. Neoony

Neoony Member

Can you actually still get it and play it?
    I still have absolutely no clue how it even looked.

11. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

quick google search says it looked like this:

12. Neoony

Neoony Member

whoa, that was quite an overhaul
    looks cool :D

would be fun to try :P

13. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Kinda wanted to do BF3 but I forgot this entire community has no money, or at least, acts like the spending of money is a sin. Never played a Battlefield game before, could be nifty.

14. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Bf3 might be the easier one to get into, well 3 or 4, there's so many ways to jump right into the fights. It's all solid though, though 1942 does have prop planes and that's just an entirely different experience. There's quite a few people who have either bf3 or 4, I know I got both and I know a couple of others if you or anyone want to play them.

Anyway I'm surprised by the interest, I thought maybe 3-5 people would show interest and that would be just enough to fill out a squad in bf2, bf3 and 4 have a squad limit of 4. So yeah with this many how do you guys actually want to do this? I know it's easy enough in bf3/4 to join a server as a squad so it shoves you all on one team, but I'm not certain it works with bf2 and I know 1942 it isn't that much of an option. Like if we could get another 10 or so people we could just all play on a server, split off on teams and have fun empires vs empires people. I'm not sure we are going to see that many though, so any ideas on what we could do with around 8-10 people? So far it looks like bf2 is the popular vote.

15. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I have BF2, 3 and 4, so I'm fine with any.

16. Neoony

Neoony Member

Meh, I get quickly bored of battlefield 3/4.
    I mainly dont like that its just simply not very personal game as oppossed to csgo for example and the scale is just too big and not significant for my likings.
    It also feels just generic or not sure how to describe that.
    And way too streamlined xD

For few hours, yeah. But wouldnt be able to play it much.

I better not even start talking about its financial side and how I got in BF3 and even 4 huge problems at launch. I believe BF3 would still crash for every 30 minutes for me.
    I really hate how they push it and jesus all the DLCs and crap.
    Decided im done giving EA money. Just look what they did to new Sims or the star wars.
    It seems its getting more and more ridiculous. I would prefer improvements, instead of strapping the whole thing, but yeah...money.....NO!

So yeah, Im one of those who stopped trusting EA or even dice with my money.
    I just simply cant support this. Especially when its getting worse and worse, Where does it end?
    I laughed when my friend bought Hardline and never played BF4 and then later he started playing BF4 and was surprised there was just enormously more content (after most DLCs of course)

NONE of their games are worth over 100€ to me. Maybe not even 60€. Especially because of their choices and how they work.

I liked BF2 though, it wasnt that much meh.
    I also liked that it was not that fast and arcady as the BF3/4

Probably would like the BFBC/2 too but didnt play much of those.

But I would really try the empires in bf.
    Come on people, can be fun....if it works atleast a bit. :D
    BF2 as secondary.

EDIT: oh god, I almost forgot. I hate the battlelog server browser thing. Fucking loading the whole game just to switch servers. Thats just really meh,

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  17. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Yeah don't get me wrong, BF3 and 4 is a piece of shit of a money making whores, not to mention that there's almost no difference between both games. And even thought I really like battlefields in general I still feel like it was a mistake spending any money on those new whores.
    Welcome to the new decade of gaming where 99% of games are stupid money makers, with no thought, no passion, nothing behind them. (have you guys tried the new Trackmania, IT IS FUCKING HORRIBLE, another great series of game dying at the hand of companies)

Battlefield 2 was the good time, no stupid DLC, no stupid EA, no stupid browser plugin, MODS! I mean if you haven't tried BF2 with AIX mod you've missed something.

Neoony likes this.
  18. Acolyte

Acolyte Member

Project reality best and free...

19. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

BF2 had the two stupid booster packs at the time as DLC which where online purchase and download only. Which meant no one played them because digital downloads of games wern't really a thing back then. They ended up making them free for everyone eventually.

20. CRITAWAKETS

CRITAWAKETS Member

I absolutely dont know what battlefield game to play. However,i wont play probably. April 8th and onwards i will be playing Tower Unite all damn day.