Lerp

Discussion in 'Support' started by RKB53, Aug 22, 2009.

1. RKB53

RKB53 Member

Ok so recently I've been lagging pretty bad in empires so I opened up net graph to see lerp at 66.7ms and stuck at 7fps and lots of stuttering, I then bugged mayama to tell me what his cl stuff was at (Cl_cmdrate etc). Well after doing all that it goes to 100ms and gives me 10-13 fps.
    I've tried the usual google search and I couldnt find anything to fix it, just a ton of people complaining.

HELP ME :(

[​IMG]

2. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Netgraph shows that you were getting 20 updates/s from the server and sending 12 updates/s. Do you have any connection problems or magical rate settings that were supposed to give you 1000 FPS?

3. RKB53

RKB53 Member

No all my settings where default until recently I started getting this lerp I began trying others, theyre all default again though

My connection is also fine.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  4. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Raise the rate to 60000 or something like that.

5. RKB53

RKB53 Member

The rates are forced on the only god damn populated server

6. recon

recon SM Support Dev

There's a reason for that.

I'm guessing you're on a slow connection, your PC is too slow, or you managed to screw up some random rate setting.

7. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I had this issue aswell on 1.073, just popped up out of nowhere. I put all the rate values to their default settings and it disappeared.

8. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

One of the reasons might be that you didn't get server's response for some time and your client has to compute positions (interpolate) using data that is older than expected.

9. John Shandy`

John Shandy` Member

Around April/March/May, I began having terrible fps & lerp issues in Orange Box games like Empires, Left 4 Dead, etc. Prior to those issues, I'd been able to run Orange Box without these problems. I tried all sorts of things.

Eventually, once I updated to the latest NVIDIA drivers, the problems were solved. That was the only thing that I did that yielded any positive result, and then I was able to play L4D & Empires without dropping to 10 fps, 100 lerp, which was unplayable.

Though I'd bet your drivers are already up to date, it wouldn't hurt to check.