left slot on armor equip...

Discussion in 'Support' started by =HELLION=, Jul 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

is it just me but if you dont put a armor icon in the left slot do you not get any armor at all ?

2. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

In previous versions, the armor slot on the right didn't do anything, and I'm pretty sure it hasn't been fixed, so you're completely correct. It's just like putting no armor on your tank.

Why hasn't this been fixed, anyway? Is it simply more complicated than it seems, or was it just lost in a pile of other bugs, or what?

3. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I'm confused.

4. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Wait, am I just being delusional?

...Again?

5. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

In earlier versions you had to put armor in the left slot to continue building.

6. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

i guess i never noticed it, i was being thrifty and removing a armor and just grabbed the costly amor icon in the left slot and the right was still there, it was 2 walls thick on all sides and i even did it 3 time in a row ,, and figured maybe it was the armor in the slot so i moved the other in the right slot out and put a standard in the left slot, and all was 2x thick.. guess i just never noticed :|

7. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

yeh in the presets only "armor_slot_0" works

8. Onea

Onea Member

I'm not sure if this is related but...

Is it necessary to have regular, composite, or absorbant armor to get the armor "lines" on the HUD? I've found that if I only equip reactive armor (and possibly other types), I just get a green vehicle with no "lines". I cannot recall which armor slot I placed the reactive armor.

If this is intentional, please inform me. I couldn't find anything on the wiki while quickly skimming.

9. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

onea: did you click on the arrows in that screen where you drag the armor icons? you do have to manualy update how many layers of armor you want the vehicle to carrier.

10. Onea

Onea Member

Oh yes, I definately increased the arrows so I actually had armor. In most cases I'd make ALL sides 3/3. Even after doing so, I would still get the vehicle without armor lines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.